Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem should follow Rare's example

by NIGHTSHADE_2K16

Original Post

Highlighted

Anthem should follow Rare's example

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Rare the developers of the latest "Game as a Service", Sea of Thieves, had a program called "Pioneers" which was a technical alpha for over a year before launch. They selected members of the community to test and play the game and submit feedback to the developers. 

I think this would be an awesome idea for Bioware to do with Antthem. Select members of the community to play and submit feedback about the game with the goal to gather thoughts, feedback and possible improvements. I think a game like Anthem needs this more than any other game because in an opposite case with Destiny 2, Bungie didn't take any player feedback with an alpha or testing with players before it was too close to launch for any real changes to be made and it didn't fair so great with the fanbase because of this.

So Bioware/EA please learn from Bungie's mistakes and get some community members to playtest your game well in advance of release.

This would also be a smart business decision as more happy players leads to more exposure and in turn revenue. 

Message 1 of 3 (369 Views)
Highlighted

@Zoom_745wrote:

Rare the developers of the latest "Game as a Service", Sea of Thieves, had a program called "Pioneers" which was a technical alpha for over a year before launch. ...

That turned out well then... 

Seriously though, a beta has already been alluded to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 3 (335 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice
I believe its a good idea but they already have testers for that. EA is a big company. We might get the chance to play the beta though.
Message 3 of 3 (266 Views)
Twitter Stream