Anthem save file location PC?

by shirrako

Original Post

Anthem save file location PC?

★★★ Newbie

Anthem Save File location?

I had some problems and want to delete my old save and start fresh but it seems to be impossible on PC Origin?

I disabled cloud saves, can't find local data.

Message 1 of 12 (10,010 Views)

Re: Anthem save file location PC?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @shirrako 

It's impossible to completely wipe off your game state by deleting any local files. Your progress will be saved on our servers.

However, if you would like to create a new Freelancer and go through the critical story path again, you can do it from Anthem's start menu.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 12 (9,975 Views)

★ Novice

I messed up and chose the wrong javelin at first is there a way to restart completely?

Message 3 of 12 (9,875 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi, you can create a new save ( you have to start again) but i did it and when i can choose my Javelin, they gave me the same, i don't have the possibilty to  choose 

Maybe EA can answer us about that because i really want to change too, but what's the point if we can't choose another Javelin 

Message 4 of 12 (9,859 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It does tell you when you pick your first javelin that even if you restart you won't be able to pick a different one.

I'm afraid as it stands you'll have to play through as you are. It's not too bad getting to level 8 to pick your next one.

Message 5 of 12 (9,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Ataashi 

How would one do this and start over? I see no option to delete character and restart in any of the menus.
Message 6 of 12 (9,817 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you.

Message 7 of 12 (9,686 Views)

★ Novice

I agree i had the same problem chose the wrong one and now i have to go to lvl 8 to chose another, but the worse is that if you want to try another you have to wait till you get to 16 or whatever. For people that never had a chance to try all the roles is pretty poor from EA to force you in this matter, expecialy when they give you the option to start again but not what role to play, very poor design in that matter.

Message 8 of 12 (9,488 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you don't know how to start a new character do this

Start the game Press F

You will see you current character which you select and hold R to delete

or you can create a new character 3 character per account.

If you want to find the option its on the Bottom Left Corner

Message 9 of 12 (9,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

That only works after a certain amount of level/story progress I think. I suspect it involves the story steps revolving around the “manifold,” but I can only assume.

But starting a new character only lets you do the story again. As has been mentioned, the javelin unlock order is static once chosen, at least at the moment. It probably has to do with the fact that originally you weren’t supposed to have any choice at all, they would just unlock in a specific order as you progressed through the story.

Message 10 of 12 (9,245 Views)