Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem's Waning Playerbase Is "Starting" To Create MatchMaking Problems

by KALIUMG

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anthem's Waning Playerbase Is "Starting" To Create MatchMaking Problems

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

"With Bioware pushing back a number of its roadmap objectives while simultaneously trying to fix what currently ails the game (loot, loot and more loot)."

Pretty much the only part that I didn't entirely agree with him on. Because let's face it, at this point in time, all the bugs, glitches and "visual bugs", have their part in what ails this game.

Other than that, pretty good article from P.Tassi.

Good read, have a looksy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/04/29/anthems-waning-playerbase-is-starting-to-create-ma...

Message 1 of 33 (637 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anthem's Waning Playerbase Is "Starting" To Create MatchMaking Pro

★★★★ Guide
Message 2 of 33 (614 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
Message 2 of 33 (615 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MaireDevylin wrote:

Your link doesn't work. I think it's the stuff after 'problems'.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/04/29/anthems-waning-playerbase-is-starting-to-create-ma...

Thank you for pointing that out, good one. 

Message 3 of 33 (598 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I agree. Good article. I just saw the article. Try this link for those who can't get OPs to work...

Message 4 of 33 (569 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Must be nice to have a soapbox on Forbes. “The Division is starting to have the same issues, but look at all the other things The Division has!”

The article also completely misses (or pretends to miss) the point that you’re meant to complete GM3 with a coordinated group. I.e. you’re supposed to queue for it with a premade group of friends, not try to matchmake solo and then faceroll it with randoms. It’s like saying SWTOR is dieing because you’ll be in group finder forever if you try to solo queue for Nightmare operations (or whatever that tier is called nowadays).

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 5 of 33 (550 Views)

★★★ Guide
Yeah I guess writing negatives articles about anthem is all Paul Tassi does for Forbes. Seriously the guy has like 30 to 40 negative articles out about Anthem since it released. All he seems to do is slam anthem while promoting the Division 2 in most of the articles I've read. His non stop hate for anthem really makes me wonder if he owns stock in a rival company. I have never seen one game get so many negative articles in such a short period of time from one person. Oh well I dont bother reading anything this guy has to say anymore...especially when he helped to push the cable cutting conspiracy.
Message 6 of 33 (492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What can you do when this fame is absolute trash due to radio silence from the developers and a don’t give a damn attitude towards the future. 

Message 7 of 33 (432 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can’t say the article is baseless as I have noticed last night that teams are becoming less full. I did a legendary mission on GM2 last night with just two of us. That was fun.

There’s  bound to be a drop after the announcement. I know a lot of players were looking forward to the cataclysm. It could be last night was an exception and not a trend.

Message 8 of 33 (323 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Like I've stayed many times in other threads. Lately until today, missions would be solo. Which most of the time isn't so bad, but when the difficulty seems random at times it can pose problems. Like today in a SH my squad gets decimated by first group of enemies on GM2. Should have been a cakewalk.

Message 9 of 33 (310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@dizassder wrote:

Like I've stayed many times in other threads. Lately until today, missions would be solo. Which most of the time isn't so bad, but when the difficulty seems random at times it can pose problems. Like today in a SH my squad gets decimated by first group of enemies on GM2. Should have been a cakewalk.

Why do you think that the difficulty is random at times? You can't compare the difficulty of solo missions and SH. Missions and contracts do have enemy scaling depending on the number of players in the team. I.e. if you are doing mission/contract solo then the enemies have less HP and you encounter lower tier enemies. Enemies get more HP and you encounter higher tier enemies when there are 2 players in the team. When there are 3 or 4 players in the team the enemies during missions/contracts have even more HP and you encounter the highest tier enemies. E.g. you encounter a Luminary during one of the legendary missions if you play solo , it will be an Elite Luminary if you are playing with one other player, and it will be a Legendary Luminary if you are playing in a team with 3 or 4 players. Or yet another example: when I have played legendary mission solo I have killed a Rust Reaver with a single ultimate on GM3 difficulty playing as Interceptor. When I played with 2 other Interceptors (there were 3 of us) killing Rust Reaver required two Interceptors to use ultimates to kill it

Freeplay have weakest enemies, while SH have the toughest enemies with the highest amount of HP and the enemies. Both in Freeplay and in SH the enemies do not scale depending on the number of the players in the team.

Message 10 of 33 (280 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help