Original Post

Re: Anthem's Roadmap is... gone

★★★★★ Guide

It's not a roadmap. It's a spoon!

Message 41 of 75 (256 Views)

[ Edited ]

@mirkwood22 wrote:

Wow you could be a politician with that ability on focusing only in what supports your "cause" and avoiding the subjects that don't. Or even better, you could work for Bioware PR!

Ha. It's a game forum. I'm just sharing what I'm enjoying. Talking about a hobby I like. I'm not sure there is a 'cause' here, it's a discussion about an action-shooty game, not world or corporate events. Standard smile

Though as I said, I'm nearly done for now. I'm just doing my 'dailies' so that I can drift to close off 'Champion of Tarsis' over the next 3 weeks.

New content will be required to being me back after that, I also have The Divison 2 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey calling to me for completion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 42 of 75 (238 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@jwhitsta wrote:

...too bare bones to be worth playing indefinitely ...

I can't think how many games are able to be played indefinitely.

As of this morning I have only one Challenge remaining (Champion of Tarsis, 80%) so I reckon I'll have finished the game in about 2 weeks. (After around 400 hours played)

I suspect that many who are calling for new content in order to continue playing haven't actually completed the launch game content that's there already.

FFXIV, Tera and others would like a word Standard smile
I have been playing FFXIV for 5 years now and Tera for a few. ESO.. meh, lol

Message 43 of 75 (203 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@mirkwood22 wrote:

Wow you could be a politician with that ability on focusing only in what supports your "cause" and avoiding the subjects that don't. Or even better, you could work for Bioware PR!

Ha. It's a game forum. I'm just sharing what I'm enjoying. Talking about a hobby I like. I'm not sure there is a 'cause' here, it's a discussion about an action-shooty game, not world or corporate events. Standard smile

Though as I said, I'm nearly done for now. I'm just doing my 'dailies' so that I can drift to close off 'Champion of Tarsis' over the next 3 weeks.

New content will be required to being me back after that, I also have The Divison 2 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey calling to me for completion.

I've been putting some time in the Division 2 and I'm really enjoying it, it's different, the movement and "sensation" is for sure inferior to anthem but I really feel rewarded for every little step and when I've played with others it was extremely tactical and I felt supported (in more than one case I was pinned out and a comrade came to my hep by flanking the enemy, and I did the same for them in other situations). Also I think they are adding content at a good pace (for what I've seen).

Take care and see you here in some months or maybe in Ubi forums.
Message 44 of 75 (193 Views)

@mirkwood22 wrote:
Take care and see you here in some months or maybe in Ubi forums.

Thank you, I'll look out for you. TD2 is a solid game, though it's forums aren't complaint free either. Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 45 of 75 (167 Views)

★★★ Guide

@TheRealNichivoExcept this spoon also has the chance of ending it all.

Message 46 of 75 (144 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

To be fair, I wouldn't call challenges content either.

Challenges are something I usually do along the way while doing what I want to do.

I want to earn coins, so I usually do the daily challenges awarding those.

Apart from that I and my friends do what the majority of us wants to do.

While I play almost every day I don't have the number of hours played some do.

I can understand why people would feel bored.

But if we're honest most of the people with that much playtime would be bored if the game had twice or thrice the content it has.

I guess most if not all of us play the content there is.

We don't think to dip it, playing the first part till it's getting boring before continuing to the rest.

No, we play it all as soon as we are able to. Some take longer to do so than others.

And once we're through with the content we have several choices.

None of them are as much fun as getting new content right away, but that's sadly not one of the choices we have.

We can continue playing, concentrating on the things we like. We can take a break, or we can play less than we did.

We can even decide to move on to another game. And even if we do that we're allowed to come back later when there is more content for us to enjoy.

Now, we can whine and rant, and call the devs names. But what's that supposed to accomplish?

They are already working on new content, even though part of the teams are focusing on fixing stuff and changing things due to player feedback.

Can you imagine what it must feel like to work on something like that and then see all the negativity on the internet?

You're probably doing overtime and someone on the internet claims you're doing nothing at all? Calls you all sort of names? 

Wow, has to be very motivating.

If someone talked to me like that in real life I'd tell them to come back once they'd reconsidered their choice of words.

If you like this game, and if you want it to succeed as so many like to point out, I think it would be a better choice, to give constructive feedback than bashing everything the devs say or do.

Make suggestions, but be realistic about whether and when those might be included.

Not all of us will like all the changes there will come and not all of us will get what we want.

Before the release the internet was full of praise for the devs communication with the playerbase. They experimented with being very open about their work.

That experiment failed.

If you ask me, we failed.

I have done quite a few posts with constructive feedback, and I still try to be constructive, but I've shifted to the sense of 'constructive for BioWare/EA/the industry/gamers rather than 'constructive for Anthem'. Because, honestly, Anthem needs to die:

The best thing for BioWare, is to focus all their awesome talent on a new game.

The best thing for EA, is to learn asking developers that are really good at making a certain type of game (single player RPG) to instead make/adapt a game to fit the flavour of the month monetisation model (games-as-a-service), is not universally a good call.

The best thing for the industry is to realise asking programmers/artists to deliver a game in 12 months of crunch, after 5 years of pre-production, and thinking it will come together because of their 10am-4am shifts, should not be a model that works.

The best thing for gamers is for Anthem to die a swift death, so they can play something fun, rather than invest in the folly of playing something not fun in the vain hope it will be fun in the future. and build needless resentment as a consequence.

Message 47 of 75 (125 Views)

★★ Apprentice

and then they hemorrhaged what was left of the playerbase, leaving nothing but the most die hard fanbois to stand vigil over the fallen game in rememberance of what it could have been.....*horn in the background begins to play for the fallen*

Message 48 of 75 (107 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Do you know what it is like when you go to Twitch see 8 people streaming Anthem, less than 100 viewers. Then notice 3 of those streams are people leaving at the second chest in HoR, and 1 of the streams is promoting the use of macros that break game mechanics.

idj12.jpg

Message 49 of 75 (98 Views)

★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

And you’re doing a “good and brave thing” by presenting your issues as the rule, rather than an exception?

And then you expect the developers to be active on the forums, and continuously respond in a courteous and professional manner to this kind of ****?

Just when you thought people can’t possibly get more deluded and full of themselves, someone goes and proves you wrong.

In fact it isnt an exception.

They never even did, when everyone was polite and constructive, i dont care anymore.

Nobody proves me wrong in here.

Message 50 of 75 (58 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help