Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem's Roadmap is... gone

by MaireDevylin

Original Post

Re: Anthem's Roadmap is... gone

★★★★★ Novice

The thing is... sure it's great and all that they want to make sure the content is perhaps less buggy however the ONE stronghold we got will not hold the player base until whenever they decide to release content they said they would. So April content was cancelled, May is as well so we are left to maybe June or July if that even?

Days Gone is tomorrow and in a few months the expansion for FFXIV so yeah i highly doubt i will be back at this point.

Message 11 of 75 (590 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Winterizer wrote:

First time ever I have seen a roadmap being nerfed

Roadmaps are often pushed back - delayed months or changed - This is my first EA/BW game, but other games I've played have respected their roadmaps even with several months of delays - it's still the plan. They change things, prioritize, adapt.

Doesn't mean I have a lot of confidence in what they're talking about for May - I think the delay must reasonably be more than 30 days in this case - April becomes June/July, not May - but people freak less from repeated delays, and freak more when they're given the truth straight up.

They're only doing Cat-a-clysm because they can call it new content - fix the friggin matchmaking and then bring in the guilds, fix the friggin guns, gear, & armor so that better is better, and completely un-(whatever) the loot!

Message 12 of 75 (580 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ragnarokfps 

I don't get it.

What for are they hiring people? They will never get any money back. Every cent put into Anthem is lost. For what purpose?

Do you really think some guy at Bioware or EA really thinks, hey if we are investing a lot of manpower, time and money into it we will get something in return?

The point of Anthem for EA and Bioware was already made: You can deliver a mess of a unfinished game and there STILL will be enough people defending you. (I know, not you Standard smile )

People will forget about the backlash, the bad reviews, the memes. They know that they just have to build up the hype train and some marketing and then collect the money.

I can't think of one single reason why they should really hire someone or change anything.

People here (not you, I know) are talking about "getting people back into the game"

Why? Do they really think this game can sell so many microtransaction things?

Anthem will never ever be in a "playable" state. This is whisful thinking.

You can put pressure on Bioware cause this will give you some relieve. Standard smile

I think that pretty much was it with Anthem. Roadmap canceled. No "Cataclysm" at all.

Maybe they are thinking about how to make the game free2play to squeeze out every cent they can get.

But I think the best way for them to handle it is to be very quiet and silent until everybody has forgotten that there was something called "Anthem"

Oh I know, they say this, they write that. But I see how they act and what they do. This is more important than listening to what they write or say.

Message 13 of 75 (570 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I get there’s reasons to be negative. Maybe at this point it is wishful thinking. There still plenty of us that enjoy playing the game even in its current state. So my hope is the community atleast can become more positive and helpful. Toxicity isn’t going to help so I hope those that have decided to move on do just that.

I got tired of destiny 2 after two weeks and haven’t gone back. That may yet happen with this game but as it is and until they give me reason to believe otherwise. I will hold out hope for great new content and be a little more patient. I understand it’s been a huge mess so far. The base game has so much potential. IMO

Message 14 of 75 (554 Views)

★★ Guide

@Quixter wrote:

I get there’s reasons to be negative. Maybe at this point it is wishful thinking. There still plenty of us that enjoy playing the game even in its current state. So my hope is the community atleast can become more positive and helpful. Toxicity isn’t going to help so I hope those that have decided to move on do just that.

I got tired of destiny 2 after two weeks and haven’t gone back. That may yet happen with this game but as it is and until they give me reason to believe otherwise. I will hold out hope for great new content and be a little more patient. I understand it’s been a huge mess so far. The base game has so much potential. IMO

Its not toxic to warn ppl about the game and dont give toxic fanboies the room to trap innocents. It's clearly a good and brave thing to prevent ppl from beeing betrayed by buying this alpha state software.

Message 15 of 75 (519 Views)

Champion

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Quixter wrote:

Its not toxic to warn ppl about the game and dont give toxic fanboies the room to trap innocents. It's clearly a good and brave thing to prevent ppl from beeing betrayed by buying this alpha state software.

But you already told us, that's not what you care about.

YOU want YOUR money back, and then YOU're gone. (That's what you wrote in the other thread, isn't it?)

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 16 of 75 (514 Views)

★★ Guide

@frauzet wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Quixter wrote:

But you already told us, that's not what you care about.

YOU want YOUR money back, and then YOU're gone. (That's what you wrote in the other thread, isn't it?)

Oh yeah i care about warning innocents. But hey, if they give the person the money back, who are betrayed, then there is nothing to warn for. Cause the ppl get there money back. So yeah, i do care about THAT.

Message 17 of 75 (506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

LOL the only cataclysm is the one happening in BW's office

yeah it looks like ill be putting this down soon, it was a fun 2 weeks and I got my money's worth 

it was nice that the devs gave us an additional 10-15 minutes of content though?

EDIT:

I just re-reviewed the roadmap... and I was like OH BOY theyre still gona give us new items! Then i realized... those universal ammunition components they gave us ARE the new items... feels so bad... that honestly shouldnt count

Message 18 of 75 (498 Views)

★★★ Guide

@MaireDevylinAll the content that was on the roadmap by law as to be released and they currently show act's 2 and 3 so they legally have to have those as well. Regardless of what you stick around for or what you see on it now, they are even by US law required and will be upheld by said law to release what they have already shown, they can move it around but they can't cancel it. End of story.

Truth be told I believe there is either a recording of or text written down somewhere that is BioWare officially stating that this game would be a 10 year game. If that is indeed the case, they may very well be obligated to have to maintain this game for that long while they wouldn't have to go past act 3 in terms of new content, they would have to keep the game up and running for at least that.

I know they had also talked about how the game would be updated when next gen systems released to be running at the peak possible performance on them (Xbox Scarlett, Anaconda & Lockhart series and the PlayStation 5) so depending on what and how much was said there they potential will be locked into doing as such there.

Message 19 of 75 (446 Views)

★★ Guide

@WPScorpionWind wrote:

@MaireDevylinAll the content that was on the roadmap by law as to be released and they currently show act's 2 and 3 so they legally have to have those as well. Regardless of what you stick around for or what you see on it now, they are even by US law required and will be upheld by said law to release what they have already shown, they can move it around but they can't cancel it. End of story.

Truth be told I believe there is either a recording of or text written down somewhere that is BioWare officially stating that this game would be a 10 year game. If that is indeed the case, they may very well be obligated to have to maintain this game for that long while they wouldn't have to go past act 3 in terms of new content, they would have to keep the game up and running for at least that.

I know they had also talked about how the game would be updated when next gen systems released to be running at the peak possible performance on them (Xbox Scarlett, Anaconda & Lockhart series and the PlayStation 5) so depending on what and how much was said there they potential will be locked into doing as such there.

Not knowing the US law, but the law is a toothless tiger if the studio is closing the doors, which is a very popular thing in EA history.

Message 20 of 75 (437 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help