Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem's Roadmap is... gone

by MaireDevylin

Original Post

Re: Anthem's Roadmap is... gone

★★★★ Guide

@WPScorpionWind 

Does that apply to the game that was purchased or all future content? I could see if the game that was purchased, at the time of purchase, promised A, B and C and only delivered A & C. But what if the game later, after purchased, said it was adding D, E, F & G but then only delivered on A, B, C, E & G? Would those later, unexpected items at the time or purchase, still be considered under the law you mention?

Lastly, I think you have mentioned this somewhere else here, but, what law is that?

Thanks.

Message 21 of 75 (408 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Who the hell said they’re canceling anything? They just took down the roadmap because people were reading way more into it than they ever intended. Instead of taking it as “here’s the list of some cool stuff we’re hoping to release within the next 90 days” everyone was looking at it as “you are now legally obligated to deliver everything under April by the end of April because internet lawyers said so.” With an attitude like that, of course they took it down. The players are going all “anything you say will be used against you” and then wonder why devs avoid communicating with them.

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Quixter wrote:

I get there’s reasons to be negative. Maybe at this point it is wishful thinking. There still plenty of us that enjoy playing the game even in its current state. So my hope is the community atleast can become more positive and helpful. Toxicity isn’t going to help so I hope those that have decided to move on do just that.

I got tired of destiny 2 after two weeks and haven’t gone back. That may yet happen with this game but as it is and until they give me reason to believe otherwise. I will hold out hope for great new content and be a little more patient. I understand it’s been a huge mess so far. The base game has so much potential. IMO

Its not toxic to warn ppl about the game and dont give toxic fanboies the room to trap innocents. It's clearly a good and brave thing to prevent ppl from beeing betrayed by buying this alpha state software.

Oh my ****ing grabbits are you actually serious? People who happen to play the game without major issues are “toxic” and are looking to “trap innocents” into being “betrayed”? And you’re doing a “good and brave thing” by presenting your issues as the rule, rather than an exception?

And then you expect the developers to be active on the forums, and continuously respond in a courteous and professional manner to this kind of ****?

Just when you thought people can’t possibly get more deluded and full of themselves, someone goes and proves you wrong.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 22 of 75 (375 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Quixter wrote:

I get there’s reasons to be negative. Maybe at this point it is wishful thinking. There still plenty of us that enjoy playing the game even in its current state. So my hope is the community atleast can become more positive and helpful. Toxicity isn’t going to help so I hope those that have decided to move on do just that.

I got tired of destiny 2 after two weeks and haven’t gone back. That may yet happen with this game but as it is and until they give me reason to believe otherwise. I will hold out hope for great new content and be a little more patient. I understand it’s been a huge mess so far. The base game has so much potential. IMO

Its not toxic to warn ppl about the game and dont give toxic fanboies the room to trap innocents. It's clearly a good and brave thing to prevent ppl from beeing betrayed by buying this alpha state software.

But you already told us, that's not what you care about.

YOU want YOUR money back, and then YOU're gone. (That's what you wrote in the other thread, isn't it?)

So what, what is your point. 

I reckon he/she can have an opinion until a new is formed, don't you?

If what he/she cares about at this moment, is warning other gamers to stay clear. Is that not something he/she is entitled to do, while adhering to AHQ guidelines?

Message 23 of 75 (334 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Also livestream was very dissapointing. 

Tbh I don't really see things will get better and betting EA will pull the plug soonish. 

Message 24 of 75 (329 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

May be entitled but wether that is the right thing to do is another thing.

i personally have 177 hours in this game. I’m glad somebody like that didn’t talk me out of trying it out for myself. I personally tell me my friends and people that ask that I enjoy the gameplay a lot and  what issues there are currently and which ones bother me the most. I find it a lot better to give someone an objective opinion rather than to force my opinion down their throats.

Ever read a bad review of a game and play it anyway only to find you love it? Think about how sad that would have been have had that review or somebody forcing their bad experience down your throat had kept you from playing it.

Getting a bit off topic but for me still them changing up roadmap is not a big deal.

Message 25 of 75 (315 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@ScarRafiki wrote:

Also livestream was very dissapointing. 

Tbh I don't really see things will get better and betting EA will pull the plug soonish. 

Why would they do that? BW is working on dragon age 4 and Anthem is still doing pretty good over all as well as being their second most successful launch.

Message 26 of 75 (308 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Because that’s how greedy EA operates, see. Who would want to improve the game for a fraction of the cost it takes to develop a new one, and keep money coming in from the people who want to support the game and the studio, if they can just recoup the costs of production, shut down the game, destroy all public trust in their commitment to any future titles, and then proceed to invest tens of millions of dollars into developing another game? Which people will try to refund after playing it for a few hundred hours, while complaining how utterly broken it is?

What they’re really selling is hype, see. Never mind that promo campaigns also cost millions, and are easily countered by streamers making pennies by talking **** about the game because that’s popular and boosts their own visibility. That’s how the internet says EA makes their money, so that must be true.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

Message 27 of 75 (289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Man the Internet is cute.

They „only“ adjusted the roadmap to be more realistic. Granted, the game becomes a little boring even for me as a big supporter, but the hyperventilating hyperbole around every step BioWare is doing is so funny

One can only be very concerned about future mental Exchange in many areas not only gaming when people start to rely and reference opinion pieces like the current rant as opposed to reflective source-studied standpoints. 

Message 28 of 75 (239 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The problem with delaying everything to fix the base game is that the base game is too bare bones to be worth playing indefinitely while we wait. Really the content got stale a couple of weeks after launch. It desperately needs what they are delaying at the least and I’m dubious even that’s enough to keep coming back. The game should never have been released in the state it was it feels like it’s a year off what it should have been.

Message 29 of 75 (195 Views)

Champion

Nobody is saying you have to play it “indefinitely.” It’s ok to take a break from it until there is more content. Lots of people are already doing just that. But releasing major content additions without addressing the major pain points first would sour the experience and make it seem like they’re not prioritizing them, or even giving up on ever fixing them. It could make the returning players think twice about returning again in the future.

It’s also kinda pointless to argue over when it “should” have been released. The question is where it will go from here.

Message 30 of 75 (162 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help