Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem : "Replayability" is High

by OdysseyHome

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anthem : "Replayability" is High

★★★★★ Apprentice

One of the main things that keeps me engaged with Anthem is the random teams that are generated when I queue up for any of the expeditions.

The mission may be the same and the story may be the same, but I like to see the different tactics of the 4 different Javelins and the different play styles that Anthem's player base has to offer.

Based on this, I see Anthem as a game that is worth replaying which minimizes the anxiety of the grind to get the legendary equipment we're hoping for to complete the build we're loving.

Like many of you, I too feel that the loot drops have some room for improvement but "making it rain" is only going to take away from the "high replayability" of Anthem; when there's no more reason to do the grind, you generally don't do the grind anymore.

To rabbit trail off of my main topic, I am kind of hoping for more "abilities" to add to the current primer / detonator list...

Moving back to my main topic, I don't love the grind, but I appreciate it for making me want to stay engaged with Anthem and I since I'm not subscribed to the game with a monthly fee required, I can come and go as I please...

To wrap this up, I do hope more challenges are added to keep the "replayability" of Anthem at a high level, I do hope the Legendary drop rates are consistently and incrementally improved without delivering a killing blow to the engagement level that I think a lot of us still playing have, and I do appreciate what has been delivered by Bioware, the improvements they have made so far, and the fact that they are least trying to make things better.

Personally, I couldn't do what they've done and based on the amount of time I've invested in playing the game, I have definitely received my money's worth...I couldn't see more than 6 movies in the theater for less than $60 so I have received way more than 12 hours of entertainment out of this game.

Good luck out there everyone.

Message 1 of 30 (1,472 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide

I spend more money each week on booze than I did to purchase Anthem, so I consider it a worthwhile purchase.

View in thread

Message 2 of 30 (1,419 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I spend more money each week on booze than I did to purchase Anthem, so I consider it a worthwhile purchase.

Message 2 of 30 (1,420 Views)

★★ Guide
No it isn't. Once you reach power level 788, there's very little progression past that point. You won't be able to so much as improve the Inscriptions on your Legendaries because the Legendary drop rate is so poor. You'll hit a giant wall and realize there's nothing left to do.
Message 3 of 30 (1,406 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@ragnarokfps wrote:
No it isn't. Once you reach power level 788, there's very little progression past that point. You won't be able to so much as improve the Inscriptions on your Legendaries because the Legendary drop rate is so poor. You'll hit a giant wall and realize there's nothing left to do.

All games have to end sometime.

Besides, there is a new stronghold/items and mastery system scheduled for this month.

Message 4 of 30 (1,378 Views)

★ Apprentice

and all you are doing is making the game easier and easier. whats the point? 
GM3 is easy with a couple of legs on anything bar stronghold. if i get more and more it will just make the game easier?!

Message 5 of 30 (1,347 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I dunno, I always thought "replayability" was not just playing the game but like making a new character and playing again from scratch, which thetres no point to doing ion this game caus4e your new character has all the same unlocks and the same collosus choice your main character had

Message 6 of 30 (1,335 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@ragnarokfps wrote:

Arguably, this is also true of 704. Im at 704, my only upgrades are legendaries, which I havent seen one drop in days

Message 7 of 30 (1,337 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The tactics in this game. First don't die, second always keep enemies primed, 3rd detonate and repeat. 

Message 8 of 30 (1,311 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ragnarokfps wrote:

That's a bit silly...

If you're already 788, you're playing too much.  Take a break, go play somethign else for a while.

If you really need to play more Anthem, play the other Javelins.

Each new suit comes with it's own set of challenges and skills to master.

This game was easily worth the $60 I paid for it, even with the bugs and issues.

It's a really fun game, and I've had maybe 200 hours in it now, and I'm still finding new stuff to do and try out every day.

I'm not alone either.  Many others have said the same.

So if you're already bored, I'd say the problem is you, not the game.

Message 9 of 30 (1,251 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
It's good to see others that enjoy the game and aren't vocally irrate and abusive; and the feedback given here is fair. If you're PS4 Australia I would love to play and share tactics Standard smile

I don't like 'progression' systems in games because often people start playing for the progression system and not for the gameplay. It also removes the 'reason for play' from the user in that people don't get creative and make their own fun in games anymore...

I prefer 'customisation' systems where as you play you get new modifiers that tweak your gameplay; so the game is more branching rather than heirarchal ladder climbing. I see all the components and go, I'm going to try and electric interceptor today... I'm going to try a grenadier blast collosus today... So I never get bored and am always learning.

Their aren't many flying 3rd person shooters on the market: last one I recall was Dark Void -- kudos to anyone who remembers that game!
Message 10 of 30 (1,223 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help