Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem is not making sales

by 000No-Mercy000

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@buddahcjcc wrote:

@SatheA wrote:

The other day the servers were at max capacity and i couldn't be matchmade. Took a few seconds then it worked, so someone must be playing this game still. Keep beating this horse cuz it's far from dead.

See, Id agree if GM3 didnt go from running fine to dropping solo into everything I try to run inside a week

You know what I find funny? Out of all the thousands of players, I have been randomly in the same squad as SatheA 5 times this past week, that is a pretty shallow pool, but I'm sure someone will find a way to drown.

Message 11 of 17 (148 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Basically anyone who buys any game...Paid to Play.....in which you have two choices; Play or Not Play....

I...Paid-to-Play Fallout 76 because of all the trailers and the fact I loved Fallout 4. The game didn't meet mine or a heck of a lot of others anticipation so....we left. We sure didn't waste our time hanging around watching and moaning about something that didn't deliver in our eyes...suck in the losses, time to move on and actually play something more entertaining. I haven't totally gave up on Fallout 76 but no doubt Fallout 76 is headed to a direction that alienates a lot of PvE players. Their choice just like ours not playing.

I personally don't understand those who just like to hang around game forums and do nothing but complain, moan and berate a game with the only reason I can think of they just thrive on it. There's two types of criticism; Constructive and Destructive...and by most accounts and with the latest in depth story over at Kotaku the game needs it...but just a daily rant and nagging? if some make it their goal and life...so be it but I and others have other uses for our time.

Message 12 of 17 (121 Views)

I did hang around Far Cry 5 forums for a long while posting about what I didn't like, and kinda hoping the devs read it and maybe either fixed it or learned for the next one.  Since they did make some of the changes I wanted for Far Cry New Dawn, maybe they listened some...but since they also went way out there(in my opinion) on other stuff, I decided to wait until it is on sale for 10bucks to buy that one.  Once they stopped all patching of FC5 and pretty much moved on to FCND, I moved on and left the board.  FC5 to me could have been SO much better with a few changes, but since they didn't think so, I now rarely play it and don't visit the boards. 

So one reason to stay and post is to try and get changes, but posting this game stinks(or use your favorite word here) and I am never buying your stuff again, doesn't really help.  I was always willing to debate the games merits, post why I didn't like it, and what changes I think needed to be made.  So staying around saying you don't like it, and posting rational stuff that you think changing would make a better game, and having logical arguments to defend the position to opposite ideas helps. 

Personally, I still like flying around in a Jav and killing stuff, but if things don't change to help loot, and things to do, I will move on to something else and maybe come back in a while and see if it is still alive and what has changed.  I am kinda holding out for next major patch and the announced new stuff that is supposed to be out soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 13 of 17 (106 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Fred_vdp wrote:

@buddahcjcc wrote:

@Fred_vdp wrote:

Anthem is one of BioWare's fastest selling titles, despite the negative reception. The negative press won't help them in the long run, so I expect a price drop sooner than later, but I don't think they are "doomed".

I saw a trailer of Anthem in the movie theater before Captain Marvel. I bet a lot of people will say "Hey, this kinda looks like Iron Man!" and remain completely in the dark about the negative response.

I like your sig but I kinda doubt it lol

How can you possibly like that sig?

Why would you put you don’t work for EA anyway? Why would i think you do? It’s hardly something to brag about? I certainly wouldn’t tell people that I work for that terrible company! 

Message 14 of 17 (94 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

@buddahcjcc wrote:

@SatheA wrote:

The other day the servers were at max capacity and i couldn't be matchmade. Took a few seconds then it worked, so someone must be playing this game still. Keep beating this horse cuz it's far from dead.

See, Id agree if GM3 didnt go from running fine to dropping solo into everything I try to run inside a week

No, it took a while to match make because there is NO ONE to match make with you! The servers are very quiet, trust me on this. 

Message 15 of 17 (94 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SatheA wrote:

The number of servers scales dynamically, so that could have happened if there was a sudden spike in people logging on, perhaps. But it also could have presumably happened with X players or 10x players, so I don’t think that’s an indicator that the player base is healthy.

Message 16 of 17 (80 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@000No-Mercy000 wrote:

@Fred_vdp wrote:

@buddahcjcc wrote:

@Fred_vdp wrote:

Anthem is one of BioWare's fastest selling titles, despite the negative reception. The negative press won't help them in the long run, so I expect a price drop sooner than later, but I don't think they are "doomed".

I saw a trailer of Anthem in the movie theater before Captain Marvel. I bet a lot of people will say "Hey, this kinda looks like Iron Man!" and remain completely in the dark about the negative response.

I like your sig but I kinda doubt it lol

How can you possibly like that sig?

Why would you put you don’t work for EA anyway? Why would i think you do? It’s hardly something to brag about? I certainly wouldn’t tell people that I work for that terrible company! 

@000No-Mercy000 All people with 'hero' status have a similar message in their signature. A surprising number of people on this forum believed 'hero' meant employee, I assume because we have moderator privileges, so we were asked to put a disclaimer in our sig to avoid confusion.

Despite this, I saw two people this week who thought forum users were official tech support. I even saw someone post private information on the subreddit thinking it was official support.

I don't work for EA.

Message 17 of 17 (64 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help