Re: Anthem is FUN... but very BUGGY :(

by ICEMAN_ANTHEM

Original Post

Highlighted

Anthem is FUN... but very BUGGY :(

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Enjoying Anthem so far... when it works

Just crashed, AGAIN. This time crash happened when unlocking new javelin at level 8.

I understand it's a new game and they are trying to fine tune everything.

Just seems to me there are so many bugs. 

This game was not adequately tested ahead of time.

I'm sure they're working on fixing bugs, etc.

Just really, seriously ruins the game flow and now, instead of playing, I'm turning off my xbox and doing something else

Just not what I expect when paying for a game. Free to play, sure.  $60 bucks AAA title? C'mon guys.

No wonder Fortnite is kicking your butts (EA, ACTIVISION, etc).

Get your **** together.

Frown

Message 1 of 10 (1,095 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I feel you! I love this game but just like any other big game, its going to take a few months to kill the major bugs. Stick with it though, this game is going to be amazing in 6 months time!

Message 2 of 10 (1,085 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I’d say 95% of my crashes happen at the reward screen on Freeplay, I’ve lost so much loot this way 😑😑

Message 3 of 10 (1,079 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Hellfire1459 wrote:

I feel you! I love this game but just like any other big game, its going to take a few months to kill the major bugs. Stick with it though, this game is going to be amazing in 6 months time!

Oh I'm sure eventually it will be OK, but I have problems with the way this has been rolled out.

In my job, if my customers paid for my product and it was this defective, I'd quickly be unemployed.

There's really no excuse for it to be this glitchy right out of the gate.

Just very sloppy IMO and unprofessional.

I expected better from Bioware & EA

Frown

Message 4 of 10 (1,077 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@ICEMAN_ANTHEM wrote:

@Hellfire1459 wrote:

Oh I'm sure eventually it will be OK, but I have problems with the way this has been rolled out.

In my job, if my customers paid for my product and it was this defective, I'd quickly be unemployed.

There's really no excuse for it to be this glitchy right out of the gate.

Just very sloppy IMO and unprofessional.

I expected better from Bioware & EA

Frown

I totally agree, but it seems nowadays the standards for the gaming industry have changed, demos are no longer short versions of the game, they are betas, official releases are now betas as well and we are used, in fact, we pay them to beta test their product. 

Also people keep saying that big games likes this always have this kind of issues, granted I play very little, in fact, only Destiny and Warframe and I havent touched Destiny in a month but Destiny was nowhere near as bad as this is atm. I played the entire campaign in D1 without having any crashes, in fact, I dont remember even being kicked out to orbit once, forget playlists not working etc. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,068 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I love the game and what it will be.  Hate the glitching and disconnects.

EA/bioware needs to do 2 things:

- Fix the connection issues 

- conduct weekly events for the active players because they owe us loyal fans...

Thanks for those who are working many hours to provide us with the game. 

Message 6 of 10 (772 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Fun , buggy , yup and yup.

Some of the voice acting wouldn't be allowed in a school play is was so bad..

Spoiler
Gunther , and the clothes .. WTF is that. You listen to the story of SwToR and you listen to this and you can't even imagine it is the same company.

Message 7 of 10 (759 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

It seems to be modern day sales though for huge titled games. I think one issue is they show game trailers that look awesome and people get hyped up and a product gets rushed soon after. All about that money. 

The game however holds alot of promise plenty of room for expansion with the map and story line with its unique lore. I like how as the story progresses you see the city become more populated. Some of us old gamers like that sign of growth lol it feels like a long term objective. I started gaming when the Sega came out. I've stayed with it over the years going between console's. The graphic quality is obviously better, but it to often doesn't feel like heart and soul in the game.

Then again i'm still holding out for Legend of Dragoon to be remade,upgraded and have a prequel, sequel etc etc. 

I'm off topic slightly. Bug wise I've crashed alot and I'm pushing a steady 30mbs speed so its not on my end. I think the servers are overwhelmed. It also doesn't make sense to me for the server to cause issues outside of the map. Like once it loads the loot screen or your back at the fort. Loss of the server shouldn't be an issue. 

Message 8 of 10 (690 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I’ve gotten to where I am having a hard time playing anymore. I have so many bugs and glitches that I can’t enjoy myself. The game is so unreliable. I don’t want to lose anymore loot and some of the glitches I have come across are practically game breaking. Loading into a stronghold and being unable to continue is bad. Being unable to revive teammates on a grandmaster difficultly stronghold was horrible. I run into seemingly invisible walls while on missions and get booted all of the time. 

This isn’t what a AAA game is supposed to be. I expected so much more from Anthem but never thought the game would be so totally broken that it’s a headache to play. I’ve never asked for my money back on a game before but this is ridiculous. 

Message 9 of 10 (607 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Let's face it, after 6 years of developement, anthem turned from a really nice idea (which is why some parts of the game are really fun and nice) to a minimal viable product, both EA and Bioware have their responsability in this.

They should stop to sell it, make an end world event, and fix the damn game (both for technical and content problems), this game is so broken it affects console too while thoses are usually really stable despites lower performances than PC.

Sadly, it's unlikely to happen, investors will want return on investment now ...

Message 10 of 10 (599 Views)
Twitter Stream