Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem crash, Origin crash, my crappy Anthem experience

by Horamon

Original Post

Highlighted

Anthem crash, Origin crash, my crappy Anthem experience

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So I've been looking forward to Anthem a long time, hoping to see Bioware return to glory, but no.. the nightmare continues as I can't even get the game to launch.

Yesterday, I finished pre-loading Anthem. For good measure, I launched the game to make sure that it installed correctly, which it had. Now today I tried to launch the game and it never even opened up. The logs kept being spammed with error messages like:

1 [17:47:46 GMT] Info Core::CoreLogger Open V5.02.04.66 - Log C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs\AnthemDemo_1069744_OnlineActivation_Log Opened 1/25/2019 - [17:47:46 GMT]
2 [17:47:46 GMT] Error

Could not find the getTableData request function in the loaded library
3 [17:47:46 GMT] Info

License signature is good.

For good measure I rebooted my PC, then re-opened Origin, which prompted me that it had to install a critical update and restart. I obviously let it do so, only to get the same error over and over and over again.

I reinstalled Origin and got back into that, but the game still wouldn't launch, so now I'm stuck f'ing reinstalling the game. Which will, based on the remaining time, mean that I won't be playing at all today, and tomorrow first have to find out if the issues I had today are fixed at all.

Meanwhile, I hear from my brother that people can't log in due to cheapskating EA / Bioware not having enough servers to handle traffic. He then also showed me an overview of hundreds of Twitch streamers already playing, suggesting that there's now a selection process going on on whether to allow you to play depending on whether you're a streamer or not. I don't want to see some * millennial with personality issues playing a game I want to play myself.

To say that I'm disappointed and pissed (again) is an understatement. What I wouldn't give for a developer that actually doesn't let you down, and then developers act like they're surprised that so many people pirate games these days. I have Origin access and was planning on getting the Legionaire edition if I liked what I saw this weekend. Needless to say that's not looking good right now.

ps: as I'm trying to post this, I'm also getting "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested."

pps: I'm aware whichever support guy reads this is by no way responsible for the technical crap that I'm forced to digest, so to you I apologize.

Message 1 of 6 (1,473 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem crash, Origin crash, my crappy Anthem experience

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Update: it gets even better. I also posted a slightly moderated version of this message on Reddit, only to have it removed by the admins

Edit: turned out I missed a minor point in the guidelines -.-

Message 2 of 6 (1,416 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Horamon wrote:
Update: it gets even better. I also posted a slightly moderated version of this message on Reddit, only to have it removed by the admins. I realize it is annoying to hear that a customer is having technical problems and expresses his feelings on the matter, but what is this for dictatorship?

Reddit is a cesspool anyway so I wouldn't even bother there.  You either get a circle-j#rk of apologists or a circle-j#rk of EA bashers.  You also get downvoted when you aren't acting like a psychopath like the rest of the community there.  

Regardless, just have patience and try again over the next few days.  The Demo is three days long after all.  Also, it's only a video game.  We all want to play but these types of troubles are the same with almost EVERY single online game released in the last 15 years.

When you have high expectations of other people (or even medium expectations), you will only disappoint yourself.  Life lesson.  

Message 3 of 6 (1,388 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
While I agree it's common, I do not believe it's acceptible:

- When a developer reaches a closed / open beta point, I'd think I'd be able to at least launch the game

- As for the queue time, I work in the server business and if you develop with scalability in mind, you can add as many servers as you need in 15 min tops, assuming it's mostly database stuff that's being done on their end at least.
Message 4 of 6 (1,347 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Updated: so.. reinstalled the game, still the same issue. I even reinstalled Origin again twice as I found some Fifa topics that had a similar problem and suggested that. Still nothing. After having worked the last 6 days I was really looking forward to just chilling while playing the game. This is not it.

Message 5 of 6 (1,128 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I believe is drivers issue. Try update all your drivers.

I am using window 10 Pro version 1803.

I have no issue going into the vip demo after the initial hrs. By the way while playing in stronghold halfway, I do have frequent crash to loading screen and stuck at 95% bar. All xp and loots gone.

Message 6 of 6 (553 Views)
Twitter Stream