Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem at E3 in a few weeks.

by MoogleAsylum

Original Post

Highlighted

Anthem at E3 in a few weeks.

★★★★★ Novice

What do you guys think they plan on "announcing" or showing off? Personally can only assume a few possibilities...

-new roadmap, with time frames, video, and more screen shots from their screen capture actors.

-announcement to F2P model, highly unlikely

- announcement of future content cancellation...though doing that at an E3 makes no sense

I can't seem them going to the trouble of going to E3 to announce bad news or bug fixes...or just to talk about loot. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 62 (987 Views)

Re: Anthem at E3 in a few weeks.

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MoogleAsylum wrote:

What do you guys think they plan on "announcing" or showing off? Personally can only assume a few possibilities...

-new roadmap, with time frames, video, and more screen shots from their screen capture actors.

- announcement of future content cancellation...though doing that at an E3 makes no sense

I can't seem them going to the trouble of going to E3 to announce bad news or bug fixes...or just to talk about loot. Thoughts?

I can assume it's all lies, like the E3 that caused us all to buy the game in the first place.

Message 2 of 62 (966 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MoogleAsylum 

And why do you think a f2p model is "unlikely"?

Message 3 of 62 (957 Views)

★★★ Guide

Well I'm a fan and still show support for anthem but I'm really starting to think Bioware will announce Anthem as f2p at E3. The more articles I see like this without anyone at EA/Bioware saying anything about it, the more I think it's true.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegamer.com/rumor-bioware-blames-haters-anthem-not-meeting-sales-g...

Message 4 of 62 (950 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@BoosterTungsten wrote:

@MoogleAsylum 

And why do you think a f2p model is "unlikely"?

Multiple reasons, their game doesn't fit a f2p model well. It has a " cash shop" but it lacks content. Typically f2p games like Warframe have tons of content and hashed out cash shops...the goal of a f2p is to get a player hooked so that they are more likely to drop cash and play for an extended time.

Nothing about how anthem currently is would appeal to a f2p crowd...they'd have to totally gut what content they have to have things to sell which would just * off what lil player base they have left.

Also it would be weird to announce such a thing at a E3...most recent f2p change I know of is Albion, which simply informed it's users via their website months in advance.

Message 5 of 62 (949 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think fans would be pissed at bioware if they announced it going to be f2p. It would mean for all the people who bought the standard edition and legions of dawn edition basically bought early access to a beta. 

Message 6 of 62 (902 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Having Anthem at E3 without something really big to announce, seems like a giant management blunder. Therefore I am curious, but considering what has happened already, I am expecting a giant game wrecking management blunder.

For the record I hope I am wrong.

Message 7 of 62 (894 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@MoogleAsylum wrote:

- If a new roadmap is announced, how can we be sure that roadmap will be followed through with unlike the last one. A good chunk of people defended the roadmap (even EULA everything is subject to change or cancellation without notice), but yet who are we to say that it will even be accomplished? Could be another overly ambitious false hype to gather more crumbs for their plate. 

- F2P model only if they are wanting to flood their playerbase for a short while or potentially squeeze out more profits through some form of microtransactions. Why else would they make it F2P? So everyone can see what a wonderfully awesome game this is right now?

- Hopefully they pull a 180, they really need it right now, at least for Anthem

Message 8 of 62 (866 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

We already know exactly what they are going to do.  More lies and lip service about fixing the game.  More delays and nothing for the players.

Message 9 of 62 (835 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jor19dan89 wrote:

We already know exactly what they are going to do.  More lies and lip service about fixing the game.  More delays and nothing for the players.

This sounds like nonsense to me, though you are welcome to your view, even if it does lack any rational basis.

The game bugs were already mostly addressed in patches 1.03 and 1.0.4.

The next step is new content dropping in the next week or so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 10 of 62 (821 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help