Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem Voice Chat DOES WORK: Enable Audio Viop settings in game

by justpiru5

Original Post

Re: Anthem Voice Chat DOES WORK: Enable Audio Viop settings in game

★★★★ Guide

It worked for me before, not working today.

Message 11 of 28 (1,159 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you. I was FREAKING out  wondering why a game that needs good teamwork had no chat.

Message 12 of 28 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't want to speak in real time with strangers over internet, raging players, ppl swearing in my eardrums and the rest of the swamp that pollutes the internet

They can easily trace your IP if u use VOIP ENABLED AND DDOS YOU JUST FOR GIGGLES, DID YOU KNEW THAT?

Until a written chat is given, i will not buy this game

Message 13 of 28 (1,143 Views)

★★ Newbie

you should just get a discord server with your friends.  that always works

Message 14 of 28 (997 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh yeah. Voice chat is great. It's perfect for some * to cuss you out and call you names cause yaknow, you got YOUR voice chat working and are asking if anyone else does. But hey, why would you wanna communicate with your teammates right, let's all just rush to the next stage and have everyone keep getting downed.

Message 15 of 28 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What of freeplay, people dont answer there and events are often too hard to complete on your own, you die and can respawn but the event is far away or you cant even find your way back. Its a flawed system, game feels like it was rushed because its not all thought out well enough to work together.

Even freeplay needs some sort of cooperation from people in the "word" to be able to complete events...

EDIT: I havent heard a single person try and VOIP and I am playing freeplay now again on hard mode as I always do, its not called hard for nothing and there is just no way to communicate and work together. There is also WAAAAYYYY to few people around to actually do these events...so what...you gonna sit and wait at the event edge for others to maybe show up? There are like 4 players per map almost!!!! WTF!!!

Message 16 of 28 (971 Views)

★ Guide

Noone ever uses voip in pugs anyway even if it is enabled. Actual groups usually in outside the game chat because your not cut off from chat when you DC or crash. Ingame chat always subpar quality too. And most of what going on in random chat you don't want to hear anyway.

Message 17 of 28 (969 Views)

★ Guide

Reminds me of a funny moment in the division 2 beta when a party was strategising how to kill my group(We was in a psn chat party) Not realizing we could hear everything they said. Again another reason not to use ingame chat.

Message 18 of 28 (966 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Sorry but just because you don't know how the game systems work doesn't mean in game chat doesn't work. Its all based on systems and they can be designed and manipulated to suit the needs of the player.

Having it as an option is better than not having it. For that matter they can implement a system that puts a small icon on the head of the player that suggest they can't hear you or communicate for whatever reason e.g. they are deaf or mute. But if there was chat he or she at least could communicate.

As things stand now, players don't interact and simply do...things and its incredibly frustrating, just now I wanted to show another player where a chest was in Freeplay...I had to shoot him/her to get their attention and hope I don't look like a moronic psycho doing it...I mean FFS the emotes are * too...not enough of them anyway to make yourself understood on the most basic levels...and that still wont work anyway if it had more options...no communication is bad in this game, why because it doesn't exist or players don't even know how to implement it...
Message 19 of 28 (962 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@dustylines wrote:

Same problem here. Everything is enabled. Then disabled and re-enabled about 400 times. All through the Alpha, VIP Demo and now Open Demo I have not been able to get voice chat working. I did one time see a guy was talking in game but couldn't actually hear him.

The Devs stated that the In-Game Voice during Alpha, VIP, and Open would NOT be working...as they were all known buggy builds.  But it would be working at Early Access & Release.

Most people in-game are using some other voice program like Discord to communicate with their friends.  They are not interested talking to anyone else.

In Open Beta, the "Voice Icon" was working but it was just a physical indicator.  The actual "sending voice over the internet to other players" was NOT working.

TQQdles™

Message 20 of 28 (945 Views)
Twitter Stream