Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem Voice Chat DOES WORK: Enable Audio Viop settings in game

by GalacticQuokka

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@DolnorNumbwit wrote:

In Open Beta, the "Voice Icon" was working but it was just a physical indicator.  The actual "sending voice over the internet to other players" was NOT working.

That is not correct.  I used voice chat in the "open demo", and it definitely worked... some of the time.  Same as now, it works sometimes but not always.  No idea why.

Message 21 of 28 (764 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It works... sort of. You can’t control where the audio outputs too. I play the game with audio on my sounds system, and in all other games voice comes through the headset... in anthem I have to listen to everyone’s voice booming through the sound system - there’s no way to have the game sound go to one place and the voice sound another... this is the only game I’ve played like that.

So... I use discord with friends (and for text chat)... but am unable to communicate with random folks.
Message 22 of 28 (762 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

This ^   I come home from work and someone will speak in VoiP and it comes booming out of my speakers.  Yes windows is on the correct default.  There's no where to control the output for the voice.  I couldn't even find an option in the settings files.

Message 23 of 28 (716 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wow this website is buggy. 3rd attempt to reply.

I always check out settings and keybinds before playing any game, and I saw that VOIP was enabled and the 'T' key us the push to talk button.

I've been wondering why no one else was using it lol.

Message 24 of 28 (708 Views)

★★★★ Novice

To configure the output device while in the fort you press shift+ F1 it opens the origin interface and you can choose your input and output device.

Why the heck in setup is outside the game I have no idea lol.

Message 25 of 28 (698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Shift+f1 changes the input/output origin uses but this doesn't work for the game. (still cant hear anyone in game)

Message 26 of 28 (612 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

I can hear everyone but i can't talk :C I have enabled everything but when i press "T" noone can hear me :/

Message 27 of 28 (511 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've done all the  voip and still nothing. I can hear others when sound is through the TV only.

Message 28 of 28 (231 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help