Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem - Standard edition upgrade

by even13

Original Post

★★ Novice

Same problem. Would love to give more money for this game but can't. 

Message 11 of 31 (711 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hopefully they don't take months to add the upgrade to the launcher like they did for andromeda's deluxe edition.

Message 12 of 31 (699 Views)

★ Guide
They want us to subscribe to Origin Premium. I won’t.

This is EA being EA. Over the top GREEDY...
Message 13 of 31 (692 Views)

★★ Novice

@TroutyMate wrote:
Please, don’t take offence.. But you’re willing to spend that amount of money on an RTX 2060, but not $70 for Anthem LOD? You know that sounds insane right? Hahah! I’m sorry, I just wanted to point that out. Standard smile

What an ignorant comment... Why is it insane I don't want to spend an additional £70? And like someone mentioned it's not just about the money. I find it odd there is no way to simply upgrade a standard edition regardless of whether myself or Nvidia purchased it. Upgrading editions should just be a standard feature, it's easy to do. I've always bought "enhanced" editions and similar scenarios have never been a problem. Hopefully this will become available soon. On the plus side, after playing the demo, I love the game. 

Message 14 of 31 (684 Views)

★★ Guide

After playing 5 hours today, felt like throwing money towards the game and saw this on receipt.

Legion of Dawn -upgrade

So it's quite clear that system for upgrading from Standard Edition already exists, they'll just need to implement button for it.

Message 15 of 31 (676 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello.

I have same problem. I just both RTX2070 activated a code but really don't want to pay additional 70e to get Legion Edition. It is not a question of money. I demand to be able to upgrade edition of my game before 15. February. Everyone have equal right to be able to have LOD edition.

Please provide resolution asap.

Message 16 of 31 (626 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Darko  Also, is the piece of pre-order gear only going to be available for Ranger?    What if we want to start as some other class?     Can't you just give us a piece of gear for whatever class we want to start with?

Message 17 of 31 (608 Views)

★ Guide

Could always buy the LoD and then try to sell your regular version.

Message 18 of 31 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@GuruChaz wrote:

@EA_Darko  Also, is the piece of pre-order gear only going to be available for Ranger?    What if we want to start as some other class?     Can't you just give us a piece of gear for whatever class we want to start with?

You will start the game in a Ranger and unlock more specialized javelins as you go. You will get a Legendary grade “attachment point” that is specifically for the Ranger, and a Legendary grade weapon that I assume would be usable by other Javelins (I’d guess an assault rifle, though obviously I can’t confirm).

I’m not entirely sure what a “gear attachment” is supposed to be in game’s terms, since I don’t remember seeing anything labeled that way in the demo. But I’d guess it’s probably a Ranger-specific upgrade (i.e. a Legendary Rally Point or something along those lines). From what I understand reading the Codex, this will have the effect of making your Ranger count as “legendary” for the purpose of determining drop rarities and such, which is already a pretty significant boost to your gearing progression to begin with. Making it so that you’d have all four javelins be legendary from the start would be kinda cheesy to be honest.

Message 19 of 31 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@SCCorgan wrote:

Could always buy the LoD and then try to sell your regular version.

Doesn't work because the free game promo codes you get with the purchase of gpu is now tied to the hardware, you have to validate them through geforce experience which is tied to your account and gpu.

Anyways, I'm in the same boat. I want to upgrade to deluxe edition but I'm not buying the entire game again just for some extras.

I'll probably just end up getting premium access for the head start and by the time the 30 days is over those pre order items won't be relevant anymore.

Message 20 of 31 (572 Views)
Twitter Stream