Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem PC and Controller

by Zarelious

Original Post

Anthem PC and Controller

★★★★ Novice

Forgive me if this has been asked I did a quick search and only saw controls for the PC but not use of a controller for the PC.

Will Anthem support PS4 or XboX controllers and did anyone test this during the Demo?  

Message 1 of 10 (450 Views)

★★ Guide

I used a xbox elite controller for both demos. I didn't have any problems.

Message 2 of 10 (437 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yah I used my Wireless Xbone controller on my PC. worked fine.

Message 3 of 10 (410 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Same here I used my Xbox controller and M+K both but not the PS4. They worked fine for me I loved how the implemented the vibrations on the controller and it would be my primary form of input but I just don't get the precision that I can with the M+K. I love the fact that it is my choice of which to use.
Message 4 of 10 (408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

i used dual shock 4 + ds4 windows in the demo, It works perfectly fine both wired and wireless

Message 5 of 10 (387 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I used my trusty old wired Xbox 360 controller for both demos and loved it. Games that have flight always feel better with analog controls and the aiming wasn't bad since there is definitely an aim assist associated with using a gamepad.
Message 6 of 10 (348 Views)

★★ Guide

@Reborn-Berteso wrote:

i used dual shock 4 + ds4 windows in the demo, It works perfectly fine both wired and wireless

Really? When my brother tried his PS4 controller, it wouldn't even get detected by the demo at all, the XBOne Controller worked fine.

Message 7 of 10 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Origin doesn't detect a PS4 controller like Steam or UPlay, so what you need to do in ds4windows or inputmapper software is to tick the option ON for detect the controller as a xinput device and it will show up as a Xbox controller.

Message 8 of 10 (327 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

ds4 windows it just emulates an xbox controller, without any mapper or emulator only xbox controllers work as far as i know

Message 9 of 10 (319 Views)

★★ Guide

Yet, it is coming out on the PS4 as well.......sounds kinda dumb to not have native PS4 Controller support.

Message 10 of 10 (285 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help