Anthem - New content/DLC

by SalarianLawrence

Original Post

Highlighted

Anthem - New content/DLC

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhYNbrv0gzE

Video describes Casey Hudsons "Blog Post" ......

Once again, randomly flip through youtube and find Anthem news. While at the same time "NEWS & UPDATES" section of this place remains quiet as a tomb. Prolly will post the notes and stuff there when this is out already, again.

A couple of questions:

1. Will there be more than 20 hours of new story in March yet? If not, then when? Under that ammount of new content is just insulting.

2. More than 1 new Stronghold? Make 20 more of these, atleast. So boring.

3. Will we get more to do than collect echoes/stand in place to boost signal/collect artifacts? As in, something else than fetch quests and hordemode

4. More than 1 new world even in Freeplay, events which don't really even count as "new content" if they're all just the same basic fetch stuff/defend area.

5. Will it be just adding few raids and Stronholds and Freeplay events per month from now on and no story?

6. Will the downgrades in content be addressed? The E3 trailer vs Launch state. Where are the moving Striders? Why was the world made smaller than it was?

Message 1 of 5 (296 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem - New content/DLC

★★★★ Guide

Totally agree (BTW as much as I loved these youtubers with their StarWars HQ channel, that more i'm irritated by them for now with their Anthem channel. Can't watch any of their vids anymore)

I heard these "huge new updates" and "lot of new content coming" and "the biggest event ever" so many times through so many games where even the developers themselves overhyped their new content, and when they arrived.....well.....in 100% of the cases it was just 1 or 2 new randomly generated mission, or a new horde mode DLC or something extremely lazy.

So I don't have any hopes here.

So the points of SalarianLawrence are totally legit.

(Especially seeing what their original plan for the story was....this game needs at least 3x the amount of current story content to call it a whole game.)

Strongholds should be at around 10-15 different types right now. And just as many more world events spawning more frequently. Also a different environment is a must have.

And so on and so on.

You know what's funny? Around 5-8 years ago there was a F2P looter MMO TPS game called Firefall (which was in it's core concept frighteningly similar as Anthem. (Only 1 character with different upgradable exosuits which can be leveled up with their unique abilities. There was also flying and jumpjets in it ect ect ect.. Only the art desig was way different. More cartoonish. And even that this game doesn't exist anymore.....Bioware could take some notes from that game. All world events were fun.

Message 2 of 5 (221 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
if you READ the development notes you would have your answers. each month will have new stuff added april is the biggest month for new content and items. The "downgrade" was due to production changes near the end of their deadline due to being WAY behind. Honestly name ONE game that looks EXACLLY like the e3 stuff. please I will be right here.
Message 3 of 5 (197 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

What? One annoying 12 minute ramble of an extrapolation from one image, one blog post, and all the crap we heard before? This is what you're upset about?

Message 4 of 5 (187 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

@SalarianLawrence wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhYNbrv0gzE

Video describes Casey Hudsons "Blog Post" ......

Once again, randomly flip through youtube and find Anthem news. While at the same time "NEWS & UPDATES" section of this place remains quiet as a tomb. Prolly will post the notes and stuff there when this is out already, again.

A couple of questions:

1. Will there be more than 20 hours of new story in March yet? If not, then when? Under that ammount of new content is just insulting.

2. More than 1 new Stronghold? Make 20 more of these, atleast. So boring.

3. Will we get more to do than collect echoes/stand in place to boost signal/collect artifacts? As in, something else than fetch quests and hordemode

4. More than 1 new world even in Freeplay, events which don't really even count as "new content" if they're all just the same basic fetch stuff/defend area.

5. Will it be just adding few raids and Stronholds and Freeplay events per month from now on and no story?

6. Will the downgrades in content be addressed? The E3 trailer vs Launch state. Where are the moving Striders? Why was the world made smaller than it was?

Ok you are complaining while setting yourself up to complain more hehe. Oh and your number 6...that crap needs to stop. It should be more then obvious (especially to console players and low end pc players) why we dont see walkers or as as many people walking around in the Fort. Graphically on my PC it looks the same as the E3 showing when your out on the map but the Fort definitely has less people and no Walker moving around. I dont like how gaming companies do E3 showings but Anthem isnt the first game to get a downgrade after a E3 and I'm sure it wont be the last. 

Message 5 of 5 (132 Views)
Twitter Stream