Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem Needs To Learn From FFXIV And Tear It All Down

by Alvanian

Original Post

Anthem Needs To Learn From FFXIV And Tear It All Down

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

ARTICLE: https://screenrant.com/anthem-should-restart-ffxiv/

As someone who has abandoned this game MONTHS ago due to lack of content and broken mechanics, I totally agree with this article. Although I do check up on it a few times a month, there's no point in keeping the game running with the few players in it. SHUT IT DOWN, FIX IT, MAKE IT PLAYABLE WITH ACTUAL CONTENT. Then put it back out Do some damage control and ACTUALLY develop the game then release it.

CM Edit - Removed some of your more "colorful" imagery. 

Message 1 of 66 (770 Views)

★★ Guide

That’s what I’ve been saying. Agreed 100% 

Message 2 of 66 (755 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just because you voluntarily abandoned the game doesn't mean that you get to force me to. I get and understand if that's what you wished to do for you, more power to ya, but no. 

Message 3 of 66 (747 Views)

★★ Guide

@gortessoth  What exactly do you disagree with? The notion that those who still enjoy the game won’t be able to play for a while? Let me ask you something. Do you think the game, with the player numbers as critically low as they are now, is worth supporting? At what point would you consider pulling the plug? Anthem could be so much better. If it means shutting it down for a while then fine. Not like we’d be missing much anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 4 of 66 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Sir, if I didn't feel it wasn't worth supporting you would NOT see me on the forums. I don't ghost game forums for games I don't play.

I said people have the right to abandon if they wish, you may feel you wouldn't be missing much. My statement was clear, I would be missing much, I've stated before this has some of the best game mechanic's I've run across in a long time. 

PS: caveat, I don't begrudge you your opinion but I massively disagree and am not sure how those of us that enjoy this enough to keep playing (I've little issue finding people most of the time in game playing) should be shut out because others seem offended that it's still available to play.

Message 5 of 66 (730 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

What nonsense is this.

CM Edit - Be nice. 

Message 6 of 66 (722 Views)

★★ Guide

@gortessoth  I should rephrase my question. I meant to ask from a business perspective. As a player, all it takes to support a game is to like it. But let’s take it as a business question. Would your answer remain the same then? Making games is an expensive process for sure. And with live service games it incurs more expenses. Development of post launch content, updates, patches, fixes, developer salaries, server operation and maintenance. There needs to be a player base large enough to sustain a game like this. This is where the argument for micro transactions stems from. But that’s a different topic. Now even though anthem did not meet EA’s sales expectations, the game was still profitable. But now that most players have left and the game isn’t attracting new players, is the reduced player base enough moving forward? In other words, can enough money be made from the remaining players to be worth supporting? Remember, this is EA we’re talking about. The company known for canceling projects if they can’t be further monetized and shutting down whole studios for not generating enough revenue from their games.

Message 7 of 66 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SilversurferguyI would agree if Cata is a failure yes, not until then IMHO

Message 8 of 66 (698 Views)

★★ Guide

@gortessoth  Fair enough

Message 9 of 66 (695 Views)

Re: Anthem Needs To Lea And Tear It All Down

★★★★ Novice

It's not HAPPENING. Lol

If they were to do something about Anthem, It would be a sequel.

They can't do what FFXIV did.

Message 10 of 66 (676 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help