Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem FOV

by Ekaarn

Original Post

Highlighted

Anthem FOV

★★ Novice

A new game in 2019 that doesnt allow you to change the field of view? Why?

Message 1 of 7 (691 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem FOV

★★ Newbie

This is fixed for the up coming update for PC only sadly. 

Anthem developers, Thank you so much for your hard work on this game I love. I have never once had anything criticizing about this game or what you have done thus far. However I feel that i must speak up on this matter. Stronger together as we always say.

By only allowing PC players to adjust FOV you have incidentally caused a divide in the community and inherently created a unfair advantage by playing on PC. I understand 100 % that it creates extra strain on the consal platform. I respect your decision to hold off on doing so after the brick reports and hard crashes however, by letting the PC players adjust the FOV they are able to easier see resources or drops. 

Thus allowing them to more easily and quickly get to the next tier of play faster, and easier. This is not acceptable and to me feels like you are driving us apart as freelancers. If your going to adjust FOV.  It should be across all platforms or not at all due the reasons that I have listed above. 

PLEASE MAKE FOV for consols a priority. I will more than happily wait and just take this hit and punch knowing the process and knowing that your are trying to avoid more bad publicity about bricking or hard crashing consols. 

But still hearing this news today that FOV was only adjusted on one platform was one of the saddest days of my life. Makes me as a consol player feel less important and less heard than PC players. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE understand this is not trying to dog you down. But your really have upset the consol community by giving the PC players a unfair base advantage. 

Message 2 of 7 (545 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

What are you talking about "advantage"? We don't play together and there is no competition going on. Why should my PC be held back because your $300 console can't handle a FOV adjustment? There is a reason why we have a lot more invested in our computers....

Message 3 of 7 (541 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
They are adding Fov in the next patch for pc.
Message 4 of 7 (527 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

@Evok50 wrote:

What are you talking about "advantage"? We don't play together and there is no competition going on. Why should my PC be held back because your $300 console can't handle a FOV adjustment? There is a reason why we have a lot more invested in our computers....

I use to play on PC a lot, unfortunately there was far more scrubs laying on the ground than on consolein gm2/gm3 I have noticed. Only seems fair they would add this for PC asap.

Message 5 of 7 (521 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
I don't actually buy it when BioWare says adding FOV to console causes performance issues. All signs point to BioWare being lazy, unproductive, and incompetent. Anthem had been in development for how long again? 6 years. For starters, there's about a billion bugs. Next, BioWare couldn't even have been bothered to have a high schooler proof-read their Inscriptions and item effects. I'll read my Ranger Components. "Increases assault launcher by 5%?" What, it's size? Its cooldown speed? It's damage? "Increases assault launcher recharge by 35%." They didn't write "speed" after "recharge." Just incompetent. "Overheat 5% Delay." "Effect +- 13% Resist." Yes that is a minus sign next to a plus sign. Ranger Frost Grenade reads "Applying the Ice effect." Move over one item to the Ranger Inferno Grenade and read "applying fire effect." So "ice" is capitalized but "fire" isn't capitalized? Storm's Mark of Ruin Component reads "Increases fire damage by % and fire effect by %." By what? 5%? 100%? This is incompetence and it all made it into the game. Same thing with Amulet of Winter. Storm's Binary Star gear piece reads "Launches two living flame projectiles that burn enemies." When used in game, it applies the on-fire status effect to enemies, which is a primer. The gear piece doesn't even say it's a primer, or that it applies a primer, fire, damage over time effect. Just lazy and incompetent. I could go on, and on, and on, but I'm supposed to believe BioWare when they say a FOV slider on console causes performance issues? So put it in the game anyway with a warning "increasing FOV slider past 70 may cause performance issues." Did you know console Anthem has exactly 5 total graphic settings? Brightness, Motion Blur, Depth of Field, Chromatic Aberration, and Camera Shake. There's no other graphic settings whatsoever, so console players couldn't even tone down resource use if they wanted to. What does increased FOV do? It uses resources. Console players can't even adjust so much as resolution in order to free up resources for better performance or stuff like a FOV slider. This is just lazy and incompetent. I could be here all day pointing out things like this. These things can be fixed. They can be done. They just aren't fixed and they aren't done.
Message 6 of 7 (510 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

You want to talk about lazy? Maybe put in a few paragraphs so as to make your post readable?

Message 7 of 7 (496 Views)
Twitter Stream