Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem Beta?

by Gillitron_p

Original Post

Anthem Beta?

★★★★ Novice

Just wondering if the anthem beta is over yet and when they are actually going to releases the full game I paid for. If any of the devs have an answer I’d like to hear from them...

Message 1 of 11 (214 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Soon (TM)

Message 2 of 11 (207 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Soon like when they get around to it? Or soon like this is a flop and money pit for EA so they abandoned soon?

I would like a real answer and so would the rest of your customers who purchased and expected a completed game. 

I think moving forward when you launch a game you shouldn’t use your consumers as beta testers for a “completed” product. 

I fear that that this game has lost all of its fan base and they you cannot repair the damage that this has caused. 

Where the hell is the story content? 

Does Bioware seriously think that this game is worth what I paid for it?

Are the devs happy with the product and if so would you have paid for a game or bought a subscription?

Message 3 of 11 (171 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Everything is going according to the plan, and right on schedule. Including but not limited to releasing a game with no plan, or schedule for making improvements.

Message 4 of 11 (170 Views)

★ Apprentice

The roadmap!

Message 5 of 11 (157 Views)

@Gillitron_p wrote:

I would like a real answer and so would the rest of your customers who purchased and expected a completed game. 

The game launched with a complete story critical path.

There were certainly bugs at launch, mostly fixed in patches 1.0.2 - 1.0.4.

More content comes in line with the published roadmap.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 6 of 11 (127 Views)

★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Gillitron_p wrote:

The game launched with a complete story critical path.

There were certainly bugs at launch, mostly fixed in patches 1.0.2 - 1.0.4.

More content comes in line with the published roadmap.

launching without an end game doesnt count as complete

And no, chasing the white loot rabbit isnt the end game, its whats been distracting you from the fact there isnt one

Message 7 of 11 (123 Views)

@Moo0ooist wrote:

launching without an end game doesnt count as complete

The launch content was clearly advertised.

What you decide to 'count' isn't really relevant here, it's whether the launch content was as advertised and it was.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 8 of 11 (113 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So you asked a sarcastic question, but expected a non-sarcastic answer? Interesting. And if you think the game is buggy or lacking, that’s understandable, but the game is already complete, inasmuch as a live-servicegame was ever going to be at launch.

Message 9 of 11 (109 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Forgive me for holding anthem to the basic standard of every other video game that was ever created. 

I just signed into anthem to see the “content” for April and I’m disappointed. I expected a game that wasn’t going to be this repetitive. The story content that was provided was released in the demo and has already been played to death. 

Im not so mindless that I will play the crap out of grindcore games when I could be doing just about anything else in real life that feels more rewarding. 

I purchased Anthem for a unique experience and entertaining story which I thought there would have been a bit more than their was in the demo.

i have been patient, I have been hopeful and finally I have been suckered. I will turn the game on again next month to see if I am still disappointed with this whole experience. If next month this so called “road map” is still just a lame excuse at trying to trick people into thinking you actually updated and added content I’ll be deleting the game and moving on with my life to never look back.

You know the saying about opinions. I just happen to share opinions with the majority of people who bought the game.  

Message 10 of 11 (103 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help