I'd love just 2 quality of life improvements right now.
1. Increased walking speed while in hub areas like Fort Tarsis. Or a sprint option.
2. A longer default jet pack overheat period. I feel like i barely get to fly at all before being forced to land because of jet pack over heat. And after completing the 3 missions for the demo i have seen no obvious way to improve my default flight time (without touching a waterfall).
Cool, I did find my first component that gave somethibg like 10% extra duration, but id have to sacrifice my extra health or shields to wear it. So i do see there is an in game way to increase flight time without hitting water, but I still stand by the fact that id appreciate if they extended the default flight time before over heat as they seem to heavily rely on the freedom and mobility of flight as a key feature of the game. Id like to be able to continue to take advantage of that key and also be more combat ready at the same time, no sacrificing needed.
I agree with the forced walking in the hub.
As for heat sink, eventually you will be able to unlock 6 component slots. Also, it's likely the values of components will increase significantly with level and quality.
One thing I'd like is to be able to place custom markers on maps.
Another would be able to see player markers on compass at any distance, is an issue on free roam
Agreed! Custom markers would be excellent as well as constant indicators of allies!
I guess ill just have to wait for the full version of the game to see if using a the components is enough to feel powerful and fly around for a good while, without increasing the base flight time before over heat. Its just so much fun i want more haha
For flying if you skim over any water surface you cool down not just thru waterfalls. I was able to fly form one end of the play area to the other just following rivers and dipping over them to cool off.
I'm sure they've confirmed you can actually run in Fort Tarsis in the current build of the game.
Someone else posted a quote where you can run in the full-game
January - last edited January
In addition to the movement speed in Tarsis (honestly I'd like to just be 3rd person there too, but that's probably a ship that has sailed):
1. Adjust the UI to put common actions (like inviting friends) more immediately to hand, without menu crawling. (I think there should be a major UI cleanup - there are screen-height panels devoted to one action - but that's not going to happen either).
2. "Randomize" and "Reset to Default" options for appearance. It's a pretty complex window for customization, but that's okay - however, having a "I feel lucky" option would be fun.
3. Conversation canceling (rather than just skipping lines). I got trapped more than once in a conversation with Zoe because she's close to the forge, and you have to skip along it. I like the conversations, but I want to be able to back out immediately.
4. Seeing the name of the loot that dropped, rather than just "Rare Item" or "Uncommon Item." Even if I can't use it, it would be cool to see the item name anyway. Build some excitement.
Edit: oh, and I can't believe I forgot: WAYPOINTS. WAYPOINTS EVERYWHERE.