Answers HQ a Joke?

by Tveohed

Original Post

Re: Answers HQ a Joke?

★★ Pro

@mcsupersport wrote:

I think people in general underestimate how well the game works for some people....ie the game ain't broken for everyone, and while it MAY be broken for you(and that is what's important to you), it isn't EVERYONE.  I have, LUCKILY, two complete 60 hour plays through MEA....I don't really play multiplayer, so I can't comment on it much, other than it works usually for me when I try.  So for me, NOPE the game ain't broke and is fun to play.  So to say EA/Bioware delivered a broke game isn't correct...they may have delivered one that doesn't preform on all, or more importantly YOUR SYSTEM, but it does preform on some/most/mine....  So while they need to work on it, they also need to take the time to make sure they don't break more than they fix, AND they also need to figure out EXACTLY why I can play it pretty much perfectly, and YOUR system Shotz a duck.....so they can tweak it so it works fine on BOTH of our systems.  I have heard the 2 month time period on patch....sounds about right to me, unless something goes horribly wrong....or incredibly right, Murphy bets on first.....

Second thing to remember, is Mass Effect 3 ending fiasco and the toll it took on all Bioware personnel who dealt with the public.......and this is also probably why you see such a total dev team blackout to the public.  One on one, people are generally pretty nice, but put them on a message board or forum and large numbers of them become raving lunatics and I personally think Bioware just doesn't want to deal with them.......  So they use media to limit access, limit the * they have to take, and just try to skim what they need from forums, bug reports and the like and then do what they can to fix it without much contact.  So saying I am one of those who hated ME3 endings....still do even after all the upgrades....but I try to keep myself civil at least, but I know from the old forums that wasn't everyone and interviews of the ME3 dev teams even stated they were incredibly hurt and stressed by the reaction. 

So basically, due to the internet being what it is, and game patching being what it is, kinda figure on the two months they said, hope for better, and try to keep yourself civil.

Im on PT #3 now and still love it. Although I did start fresh this time, no new game+ because honestly new game+ just feels like a mess right now.

There's plenty broken, most of which can be worked around in one way or another.

It is pretty clear the game could have used at least anither 6 m/os production time before release just to give it a good old polish and make areas of it feel less rushed.

Overall its a sound, solid game but it doesn't feel like the A+ title that it should feel like for such a large company and I think thats where most of the dissatisfaction comes from, well placed. If it was just given a little more time, it probably would have felt more like it should have from the get go. Thats probably more on EA though then Bioware or the dev team. They now have to clean up the mess of a forced too early release.

I also hope they add to the things they may have added to - if they'd been given that extra time. (Story, Quests, Romances, squad, friendships - rather than just leaving as they were on release)

Just my 2 cents.

My fingers are crossed, they can do it now, right?

I also look forward to what DLC may bring Standard smile

Message 21 of 30 (642 Views)

@angrybunnie

Sorry if I missed the mark on explaining myself....my thoughts make more sense in my head than they do on forums....

I am not saying asking for details or saying Bioware can do a better job is uncivil, I am simply saying that be careful how you talk on a forum(cause what you say may not be what people read, ie why I am having to write this), understand that while you and others are having a problem, it may not be EVERYONE, and try to be civil, because I think people forget this when they get mad or frustrated as seen by previous issues with people getting attacked on the internet.  Taking a moment and being polite when asking for info, discussing something or reporting a problem will generally get more than an angry or hateful tone and in text it is often hard to tell which is which without careful writing(which I often have an issue with).

I hope Bioware does learn from this instance and brings back more direct contact between itself and the ME community, especially on things OTHER than twitter and FB, neither of which do I really use.  I wish Bioware would use this forum to talk to their fans, and discuss issues, but like I said, after ME3 I doubt they will ever again.

I didn't have an issue with ME3 being a "not a rosy victory"  I had an issue with it for ignoring previous story, ignoring tech/info in game, stupid ways you enacted them, red blue green endings cutscenes and generally popping a bs character in the last 10 min of the game which destroyed ME1.  Friend me and we can talk in messages if you want or post a link to ME3 boards post you make and I will discuss this more, as this isn't right forum.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 22 of 30 (629 Views)

★ Guide

@mcsupersport, I think your point about remaining civil is very valid. I just do not see how I was not civil.  Sorry, but I feel unjustly chastised.  Can you be specific about what I said that appeared to be less than civil or constructive, or did you mean that as a general admonition not directed at me personally?

Message 23 of 30 (624 Views)

I see I still wasn't accurate enough in my post....and proves how bad I can be in writing...

I didn't mean to admonish anyone in this thread actually, just a general reminder to everyone who reads it to try and keep their cool and be mindful of others.  I probably should have just done what my wife usually tells me to do, and keep my mouth shut and grunt answers...it causes less trouble......

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 24 of 30 (621 Views)

★ Guide

@mcsupersport, Not at all.  Hey, we are all human and we make mistakes in communicating.  The key is to "seek first to understand" (as Stephen Covey said) so that a misunderstanding is not interpreted as an insult or does not become a source of resentment.  That is why I pushed you to clarify.

You are a prolific poster and resource for this community,  Your comments were quite valid, even if I did not understand at first. Don't let the occasional need to clarify dissuade you from posting.

Message 25 of 30 (609 Views)

★★ Pro

@mcsupersport wrote:

I see I still wasn't accurate enough in my post....and proves how bad I can be in writing...

I didn't mean to admonish anyone in this thread actually, just a general reminder to everyone who reads it to try and keep their cool and be mindful of others.  I probably should have just done what my wife usually tells me to do, and keep my mouth shut and grunt answers...it causes less trouble......

I can be abrupt sometimes, or appear to be but it's usually lazy tablet typing and using less words more so than any hostility I feel towards someone  (which is usually none !)

Message 26 of 30 (608 Views)

★ Guide

@Nykara360, you do fine.  If anyone is a newb here, it is me. Standard smile

Message 27 of 30 (604 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I'm harsh sometimes. My guilt is balanced though, because I work with communication and I know how important it is. Also, I'm a customer. Try as I might consider all sides, I had issues with my game and right now I'm NOT playing it because I don't feel safe to invest my time (for each person, time has blatantly different values) on something that's not working properly. But that's that. It's not like SAM will appear around here and say: Playfinders, ETA for next patch in 18 days. And you have AVP standing and unread e-mails.

Message 28 of 30 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The BioWare devs do post and respond to twitter. I believe they even have one person watching the mass effect twitter. They seem to be very quick if you have a legit problem. Pretty sure they read the forums too just don't respond as much. 

https://twitter.com/masseffect

They even talk about MEA on their personal accounts. 

Message 29 of 30 (569 Views)

EA Answers is best used as a place to list bugs and ask technical questions.

They won't be replied to, the reply is the fixed bug in a patch.

Dev tweets do give some information, and in my view, the best play to track those is on @Hrungr's Twitter thread on BSN.

http://bsn.boards.net/thread/26/mea-twitter-thread?page=1171

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 30 of 30 (547 Views)