Answers HQ a Joke?

by Tveohed

Original Post

Answers HQ a Joke?

★ Apprentice

Honestly.   Going by personal experience with EA games, compared to others out there.  Along with the Community Forums.   I don't really see the point of EA even having forums, when only see random Community Mods.   Posting saying. "Stay on Topic"  rather then informing the Community about what is going on with the Company and how or even when to expect possible updates or hotfixes to problems in the game.

This feels especially Valid, with a Tag line for these very forums of  "Ask. Answer. Level Up."  As in.. all issues are suppose to be solved by other people that own the game and hence are part of the community.    Yet..  The bugs that are being listed, are not fixed on a player level.   

Granted this should be in a general Section for all the forums.  But I've hit the wall with it do to Mass Effect Andromeda.    There is no feed back from the company that they are even aware of the issues.  other then an outdated "known bugs" post.   And all the Social Media posts are screen shots, fan art, and posts about streams.    Rather then letting us know that they are even aware of issues with the game, that are making it so that its just unplayable.    New games, are barely possible, do to broken quests, busted crafting, and cheating on planets that should have life support hazards, yet.. turn off after just a couple minutes on the planet, before even a single quest is done.

Then.. theirs the Multiplayer issues...  Eh.. enough posts on that out there...   But honestly...   again..

Whats the point?.    By EA's own tag line for the Forums.   We are on our own.   Why even post about bugs, if not even a Community manager is going to Compile them up, and say " Thanks Guys/Gals/etc,  This has been passed on," and just let us know on updates.  

Just my Two Cents..  for wanting an answer to a Franchise I love..  

EA.. Bioware...  Your Game is Broken...

Can we have an update or a word from you about it..  and not a stream of a guy playing Multiplayer badly.... 

Anyway..  Shelving the game till a patch or update is out... and if game is still broken... (which personally feel the game was less broken in 1.04)  might be shelving the game for a long time...  Bummer really

Message 1 of 30 (1,075 Views)

Re: Answers HQ a Joke?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Believe it or not, it's not a community moderators job to tell us everything that's going on behind closed doors the second we demand it.  Just because you're demanding patch info, doesn't mean they have access to it.  They were literally hired to moderate a forum, that's what they do when they tell people to stay on topic.  There's also all kinds of useful information on the forums that have nothing to do with patch notes and the future of the game - those two topics aren't the only exclusive reason a forum can exist.  

Maybe it hasn't been your experience, but my short time here on the Answers HQ has helped me through several problems, helped me to better inform other players of ingame mechanics, make bug reports and find out the frequency of these bugs, what triggers them and so much more.  The EA mods here have posted in several topics before, that they would pass along relevant information to the development team, which is the party involved that you are actually mad at.  Falsely diffusing your anger to the community mods won't solve anything.   When they have relevant information to share with us, I'm sure they will, so calm down a bit.

I don't know how things are in the real world where you live - but in Canada, in this civilized nation in which Bioware developed this game, we do not bark and demand for things and then call people jokes for not overstepping their job descriptions.

I can't even read your other complaints because all you've done is talk down on forum admins who have absolutely 0 power to help you in this case.  It's the devs responsibility to put some news out there, not the Answer HQ moderation team.

Shake your head a little bit and walk away, come back when you can filter out the complaints from the slander, and then maybe people will listen to you or provide you with more useful information.

Message 2 of 30 (1,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@lagruej, given the state of the game, I think you might have as much empathy for the customers who paid, many in advance, for a pretty seriously defective product as you do for the Canadian dev team.

Bioware is really not communicating, so the customers have little to go on in the face of continuing frustrations with the product.

Bioware skipped a public beta and have fallen into the ranks of broken releases with folks like Ubisoft and The Division.

CD Projekt Red took the heat in advance and delayed The Witcher 3 by three months and released a beautiful game.  Was it bug free? No. But they communicated their priorities and got patches out on a consistent basis. In the end they created a multi-award-winning game that is a joy to play.

Bioware screwed up because they were deadline-focused instead of customer-focused.

Rather than leaving people hanging, they need to have community managers out there talking about possible priorities and making people feel that they are being heard.  Going dark is a sign of trouble and lets customers stew in the negativity.

You are right, that the moderators do not deserve the customers' ire, but as the only conduit, Bioware has left the mods out there to take the flak.

Bioware needs to manage the situation so that the moderators are not seen as the only channel of feedback.

Message 3 of 30 (1,031 Views)

★★ Pro

They communicate a lot - just not here.

Twitter is the main location.

They sre working on the next patch - no eta yet was the last I heard from someone on here. I haven't really been on twitter the past couple of days to see if there's more yet. They do a lot of their communication there though. You can even ask them yourself on there, directly.

Message 4 of 30 (1,023 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The thing many here probably forgot - or maybe is not even aware - Answer HQ was not created as something that would see a lot of "action" from EA/BW employees.

This was supossed to be a self-help platform for players, to - basically - solve as many problems as they can among themselves (instead of bothering CS, most likely).

With the "normal" BW forums closed, it changed a lot, Players now often come here, when they want to exchange any kind of information about the game. But that still doesn't mean we should expect regular interaction from EA/BW. It's obvious they're not interested in maintaining any kind of relationship with Mass Effect players. They have bigger titles, with dedicated community managers. We're just... sort of here, being annoying and demanding, But it's oh so easy to ignore us...

Message 5 of 30 (1,017 Views)

★ Guide

Using only Twitter is a sign of laziness.  Why did they kill Social.Bioware.com forums?  Why do they not have reps here in this forum?  This is a crisis whether they want to admit it or not, and in a crisis they need to take extra measures to reassure and communicate with customers. They are ignoring their own vocal community.

Twitter is a place for headlines, not discussion.

Message 6 of 30 (1,016 Views)

★ Guide

@Nykara360, the bulk of their tweets about fan art, MP streams, and "special" missions.  That's not communicating with their users. That is trying to put lipstick on a pig.

Message 7 of 30 (1,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@angrybunnie wrote:

Using only Twitter is a sign of laziness.  Why did they kill Social.Bioware.com forums?  Why do they not have reps here in this forum?  This is a crisis whether they want to admit it or not, and in a crisis they need to take extra measures to reassure and communicate with customers. They are ignoring their own vocal community.

Twitter is a place for headlines, not discussion.

There was a social forum on the ME:A website, no one was using it so I think it vanished now.
Twitter is just easier. Devs are busy people - twitter they do off their own backs in there own time for the most part. Something they don't have to do but choose to Standard smile
Message 8 of 30 (1,005 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nothing in the twitter posts about any work even being down on patches.    Even with people asking about it.    Heck even on the stream, they only responded to people, that were like " Notice Me"  or buff or fix X weapon, and on those they wre all like " Oh ya.. Totally. fix rifles, totally on it"..  

So..  

Something, needs said by an Empolyee of EA or Bioware..   That knows something about the status of the game, and just some sort of update road map.   And if the Community Managers are being Paid, by the company, then we as Paying Customers should get our moneys worth, by being kept in the loop..  Especially if it concerns a recent release, that is rather hit and miss for people, and isn't doing to well Media wise either from things I've read.

So saying something, to the community will go a long way in saving Face in all areas.

Message 9 of 30 (1,000 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Of course. Using Twitter makes it impossible expressing what really needs to be expressed. Or suggested. Or reported. Or demanded. Or feedbacked, if that's even a word.

Message 10 of 30 (996 Views)