Re: Another season is coming and no Ranked changes when we have such a flawed Sy

by HogynDrwg

Original Post

Another season is coming and no Ranked changes when we have such a flawed System

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

None of the Devs play ranked? Why aren't they listening to constant feedback? Demotion Protection should have been gone but they are not doing it? Why exactly? Can anyone explain this to me? Why no Ranked decay? 

Demotion Protections is defending noobs, is promoting Boosting, it is protecting trolls. Once you reach Plat 4 or Diamond 4 and ofc Masters you can never get demoted, no matter how much points you lose, how many matches you fly off of the map, no matter how many matches you do nothing, it doesn't matter. YOU WILL NOT GET DEMOTED, and without weekly decay, one could get boosted there and never touch Ranked again and end up the season with that Ranked, I mean how can they not see this? Understand this? and how easy they could fix it?

I know none of them read this forums, or care about it. and Reddit is just a meme and self-promote page, barely any real discussion over there. But I am wondering when a matter this obvious is not being dealt with by Devs how can we have any hopes for the future of the game? 

Message 1 of 7 (224 Views)

Re: Another season is coming and no Ranked changes when we have such a flawed Sy

@WreckingVi One thing I have noticed, when certain things such as a legend get neglected for a season or two.. That's typically happening because they are working on a big rework of the system. I don't know if they are or are not, but it's a trend that I have noticed in the past.

I think many would agree ranked could use some major improvements. Every Dev stream and interview I have watched the CM or Devs have clearly stated right now they ar focused on quality of life improvements as that's what the community has been most vocal about. So hopefully we'll see some big reductions in bugs amongst other changes players have really been requesting for a while.

They only have so many Devs and can only do so much at once.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (206 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex That's why I consider season 10 my breaking point. I don't see any improvement I drop the game, even tho I love the gameplay. Season 8 was bad, season 9 was even worse and remember we didn't even get a single LTM this season. They better fix stuff for season 10. But not holding my breath.
Message 3 of 7 (196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@DarthValtrex wrote:
 So hopefully we'll see some big reductions in bugs amongst other changes players have really been requesting for a while.
--------------------------------------------------------------
The old sweaty hat coming back to me haha :D
Message 4 of 7 (184 Views)

★★★ Pro

So now I see we have Derank in Arena Ranked. LMFAO, what is wrong with these devs 

Message 5 of 7 (149 Views)

★★★ Expert

The ranked system is SO, so bad.  I mean godawful.

So, if you are playing in a rank, let's say Gold, Platinum, sure there's some inefficiency but you are supposedly playing people of your same worth.  That's regardless of if you win by getting lots of kills, or hanging onto the end, or truthfully a little of both.

If you end up 10th or better as a team, even if you want to say it's like 8th...especially over the course of tens if not hundreds of games...you should be advancing.  Because, by definition, you are beating your peers.  Sure, if you are getting 8th consistently you should be advancing slower than a consistent top 4 but that person clearly belongs in a higher rank. 

BUT that is not what happens.  Nope, not even close.  In Bronze, if you get any points, you advance no matter what.  In Silver, you advance if you get 8th with no kills or...13th with 1 kill! (slowly of course, but still). In Gold, you need 2 kills and 13th or 6th with none...by the time you hit Platinum, you need 4th for no kills which is a bit unrealistic, but what is very unrealistic is if you get 4 kills you advance.  It's not even worth talking about Diamond+

So stupid.

Basically, you are playing people who have your own skill level, but if you kill a full team just yourself and end up 10th, you actually lose a point.  Cause, no, sorry, you beating 3 people as good as you and making sure you are in the top half of teams isn't good enough.  Worse, though, you aren't going to ever crack out those numbers consistently.  You're going to get the occasional game that drops you the full -36 points, and you're going to get a LOT more of those than wins. 

That's why you are Platinum Rank if you are Plat IV.  But you are actually a Diamond if you are Plat III to Diamond IV, and you just haven't happened to rank up yet.  If you consistently beat half the teams in your rank with 2 kills by the time you hit Platinum, you for sure never get out of Plat IV.

This dumb ranking system was ported from Fortnite, so let's not kid ourselves about where it is copied from.  That and the $20 skins.

Message 6 of 7 (140 Views)

@WreckingVi There have been times things have been difficult for me in game. This last season was challenging for me because I'm having lag issues due to al older xbox. The game runs great on next gen consoles, but I can't find one. So I have to deal with the lag.

I still try and find ways to enjoy the game and have fun. I won't post 3k damage rounds but I can still win some matches, have some fun with my friends and make the best of the situation.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 7 (133 Views)