Another game cost by autopunch!!!

by 1ronKeys

Original Post

Another game cost by autopunch!!!

★★★★★ Pro

Have a caustic stuck reloading in front of me. At point blank i begin shooting him with a havoc. 

PUNCHHH

the game decides i will now lose 3 seconds doing a punch animation instead. And so don't down the caustic. And thus my team loses the game as i get downed by an opponent due to losing out on time to heal and reload etc as a result of the punch. 

This issue really needs addressing.

Message 1 of 7 (349 Views)

Re: Another game cost by autopunch!!!

★ Expert

I used to have this problem but then I realised during fights I was pressing down on the stick, triggering a punch.

My solution was to switch the jump and melee buttons.

Message 2 of 7 (312 Views)

★ Expert

The solution is already in the game, just switch melee and crouch button, it's also easier to control movements. 

Message 3 of 7 (269 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@1ronKeys
I know you are still playing with R3 punch. :P
It's time to change it.
It'll take some time to get used to new settings and you will punch again but after a while you'll never punch again.
I'll try to play only with Havoc to test it but i haven't encountered autopunch since i changed my control layout back in Season 0-1.
Message 4 of 7 (232 Views)

@1ronKeys What is your controller set up like?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 7 (226 Views)

★★ Pro
@1ronKeys Easiest change in controller setup is changing the down arrow with the r3 to prevent it, I did it and never had the problem again. I rarely open the quip wheel though, but much less likely and problematic
Message 6 of 7 (213 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I can assure you I'm not pressing R3 .. 

I watched back the video to make sure; I'm hip firing whilst strafing - you can see R stick isn't being touched.

Message 7 of 7 (180 Views)