Re: Annoying blur in Battlefield 5

by greghaki

Original Post

Annoying blur in Battlefield 5

★★ Novice

Hi. I'm experiencing an annoying something blur (see the left hand on the grip in the attached picture) when looking around using the right stick. It's really annoying. I have it most on Panzerstorm, Twisted steel, and most maps. And it's kinda rare on fjell and narvik. I use PS4 slim. 

Message 1 of 13 (4,078 Views)

Hello @zzhusam

Go to options -> Video
And turn off:

Motion Blur
Chromatic Aberration
Film Grain
Vingette
Lens Distortion

This is Best video settings for Consoles, many players got it like this including myself. Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 13 (4,066 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks but I turned them off already! And btw, in Battlefield 1 I never had this issue. Even if all these settings were on!

Message 3 of 13 (4,054 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
It could just be lag with the connection or some frame issue. I think it happened to me once but wouldn't worry. Does it still happen when you ADS?
Message 4 of 13 (4,050 Views)

[ Edited ]

@zzhusam 

I used to have this problem all the time; you're playing on a 4k TV, aren't you? Your Slim can't upscale properly and is adding to certain visual issues.

If you go into your PS4 settings and change HDR from Auto to Off, this should fix your issue and even get rid of a faint "mesh" you may see in the backgrounds (this was a problem for me, at least).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 5 of 13 (4,041 Views)

★★ Novice

It's not a something that happened once. I'm having this since the release of the game. And yes it happens when ADS

Message 6 of 13 (4,032 Views)

★★ Novice

@TTZ_Dipsy wrote:

@zzhusam 

I used to have this problem all the time; you're playing on a 4k TV, aren't you? Your Slim can't upscale properly and is adding to certain visual issues.

If you go into your PS4 settings and change HDR from Auto to Off, this should fix your issue and even get rid of a faint "mesh" you may see in the backgrounds (this was a problem for me, at least).

No I don't play on 4K TV and this HDR setting is already offFrown

Message 7 of 13 (4,029 Views)

Hmm ok. Usually when someone does have a 4k tv their PS4 will automatically turn all types of HDR on without telling you. The fact you can take a screenshot of it tells me it's a game or system setting and not the tv/monitor itself.

In the BFV options>Video>Basic Settings menu, whats your motion blur set to? I currently use 35%

My ADS DOF effects is set to OFF

Aberration, grain, vignette, and distortion are turned off.

Try these in-game settings and see if it helps.

On my PS4 sound amd screen>video output settings I use 1080p and an automatic RGB range with HDR set to off (not automatic, this is important since automatic off is different than just turning it off completely **). 

Try these as well, hopefully this fixes your problem

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 8 of 13 (4,022 Views)

★ Novice

I fixed it!!! I don't know why. Full screen doesn't work. Do windowed mode and maximize the window. Boom

Message 9 of 13 (3,553 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you change the screen thing??????

Message 10 of 13 (1,969 Views)