Re: Animation canceling?

by 46OFEA

Original Post

Animation canceling?

★ Novice

Is there animation canceling in this game? I just watched a teammate cancel his shield recharge and save himself almost a second or 2, but I can’t figure out how to do it. I’m not sure if he was cheating but he did win the game with 19 kills. This was on PS4. 

Message 1 of 11 (1,330 Views)

★★ Guide

Well their are small shield rechargers and large ones, you use the little ones to get one bar at a time.  If you saw his shield go all the way back up in only 2 seconds that means that he picked up another set of armor.

Message 2 of 11 (1,326 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've accidentally cancelled animations once or twice, so it is at least possible. Expect it to be all over reddit and subsequently patched.

Message 3 of 11 (1,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Is it possible they had a gold backpack that halves the time to use Health and Shield items?

Message 4 of 11 (1,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

That is possible. Forgot about that, but I’m not sure if it works on shields. I’ve gotten the backpack before but never took notice of it before. 

Message 5 of 11 (1,310 Views)

★★ Guide

when consuming a consumable,you will get a notification pop up saying press triangle to cancel.so yes you can cancel it.

Message 6 of 11 (1,295 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not what OP is asking about @ronson122 

OP is wondering if you can cancel the animation early and still get the benefit.

Message 7 of 11 (1,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

to do any animation cancelation in this game you have to press triangle on PS4,yes even the ones that give you advantages....

@denandre89 wrote:

Not what OP is asking about @ronson122 

OP is wondering if you can cancel the animation early and still get the benefit.

Message 8 of 11 (1,283 Views)

★ Guide
I haven't tried it yet but I would assume like in most other FPS you can cancel the reload animation by double-tapping the switch weapon button
Message 9 of 11 (1,274 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Reload canceling is impossible in Apex. The devs wanted to take away all the tools the elite players would use to get multiple kills or squad wipes. Small mag sizes, no reload canceling, very high time to kill, slow base character movespeed, terrible sniper rifles, healing that makes you immobile and defenseless etc

Message 10 of 11 (1,242 Views)