Re: Andromeda in Ukraine available only in Russian and Polish, why?

by Idoncar

Original Post

Andromeda in Ukraine available only in Russian and Polish, why?

★★★★ Novice

So, I'm from Ukraine, and I don't speak neither Polish nor Russian. Why is Andromeda limited to those two languages, which are not official in Ukraine, and not spoken by a significant part of population?

Message 1 of 9 (2,346 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello @ip_nevermore

Most games on the Origin Store are available only in Russian and Polish for CIS countries.  As far as I know Origin doesn't have Ukrainian language and I can't say exactly why. Perhaps the main reason is EA doesn't have a Ukrainian branch.  If you would like to play in English for example, you can buy Mass Effect Andromeda via retail stores  https://help.ea.com/en-za/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

Message 2 of 9 (2,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I understand that EA does not have a Ukrainian branch, and I do not demand Ukrainian language. What I do not understand is why there's no English version available in Ukraine. English is the international language and it is the language this game was written in. If the local language is not available, which is understandable, why are we forced into two unrelated languages instead?

Would it be okay if USA would only have a Spanish loc? Only Danish in Sweden? Only French in UK?  Portuguese in Spain? I don't think so. Then why is it okay to force Ukrainians into Russian or Polish? Why such discriminatory policy even exists in the first place?

Message 3 of 9 (2,253 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree that this is unacceptable. This policy of none english is reason why i wont buy this game. Its already overpriced for region (judging by official minimum wage of 118$). And we don't even get full game out of it.
So EA, why do you discriminate ukrainian people?

Message 4 of 9 (2,242 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I totally get it and im from poland i think that polish version while translated properly isnt really as good as english at least for me. Its not the same. I bought the game why cant i choose in what language can i play? Bought battlefield 1 same thing here only could set sound to english. Polish subtitles and menus are very distracting for me when they speak english and really f&^*cks up my immersion, Cant even like buy english dvd version beacause i dont even have a god damn dvd drive in my pc. Let me know if i can buy this via vpn or whatever. Or should i just wait for a torrent or something....

Message 5 of 9 (2,210 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Funny: my message "Totally agree. Let's sue them" has JUST been deleted from this post. So they DO read these posts, they just don't think we deserve answers and explanation.

Message 6 of 9 (2,168 Views)

★★★ Novice

So are you trying to tell us that you're Ukrainian who doesn't speak Russian? Really? Please.

Message 7 of 9 (2,129 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It doesn't matter, if he or she speaks russian or not. What matters is that there is no option to select other language. And its just wrong

Message 8 of 9 (2,108 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
The answer would be - so you are trying to tell us that you are US citizen who doesn't speak Spanish ? Really ? Please.

This is absurd that there is no chance for Ukraine people to buy English games via Origin and use third party stores like G2A.
I don't want to even hear anything about russia, not to say to pay in their currency (transactions in which are being blocked btw) and play in it localisation.
Message 9 of 9 (1,793 Views)