Re: Andromeda - Collected Ideas & Suggestions

by Peter_Sumeister

Original Post

Hero

@TheNuclearMedic wrote:

There is also the very restrictive iventory item limit.

I never had an issue with this, even without upgrades and before the patch that greatly expanded it. Then again, I always turn unused equipment into crafting parts and sell other items as soon as I get on the ship.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 31 of 73 (4,703 Views)

★★ Novice

I would love to see co-op mode for the campaign/story.  I'd love to work through that with a friend. One being the pathfinder, one being a member of the team.  A customisable one.

With their own ability to romance whomever.

That would be so much fun - not sure if this has been suggested before.

Message 32 of 73 (4,652 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Fred_vdp wrote:

The problem with story suggestions is that BioWare isn't allowed to use any of them because it would be plagiarism. I was on a screenwriting forum once and they had a disclaimer saying that any suggested idea was one they couldn't use.

Actually, it isn't plagiarism, it would be if they said it was their idea, if they used someone's idea, they would have to ask and then pay them for the idea, hence why they come up with that * about that dumb rule.

I am sure they will likely come up with some loophole that allows them to use someone's idea and say its their own idea without it being Plagiarism.

Message 33 of 73 (4,641 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Biggest thing for me was consequences of different decisions. Part of this is due to focus on exploration as opposed to being hero, and i know that MEA went out of its way to distance Ryder from a commander shepard from the Trilogy. However, I think it left a bland game. Part of the fun for me with the original triology was going through the game again and making different decisions to craft a new story for my Shepard. Your decisions really had plot altering consequences. But in this MEA they went for more of the unaffecting responses. It was good in a way because i didnt have to stick to one personality the whole game in order to unlock certain conditions (paraon/renegade meter) but at the same time it meant nothing really mattered. you could just say whatever you wanted and the only effect is your one or two different lines at that time. I really wanted more game altering decisions. Nothing felt like it really mattered like when i would have to pause the game before a major decision point to decide if i really wanted to do it or not. Part of it could also be that i didnt really feel invested in any of the characters so i didnt care what happened to the so much. I wish we could have decided to kill of certain characters like in ME2 where if i didnt like Jack i could make her die at the end. 

Message 34 of 73 (4,565 Views)

MMO transition

★★★★ Novice

Well, you could do what Star Citzen is going for.. but just expand the already 5 outpost planets...and just carry on with the vaults...you could, better then TV do the whole comic-book/mmo thing. It would work...just, have people willing...if you have people just working on it.. the detail would be seen. On all fronts

Message 35 of 73 (4,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Where does your crew sleep? Only 4 beds in the crew quarters... Ryder, Kallo, Suvi, Gil, Cora, Liam, Vetra, Jaal, Lexi, Peebee, and Drack. Taking into account Liam's couch and Ryder's bed that leaves 4 people out, even if you and your LI double up and the two medical beds are used that still leaves two people...

Message 36 of 73 (4,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DankTank112;  In many navies, when a ship is underway the crew "hot cots".   (Or at least, that's how it used to be.  Even the RN has gotten a bit soft these days...)

Space is at a premium in any vessel, so why waste it when an individual bunk would be empty most of the time?  Each crew member shares a bunk; the one on-watch switching with the one off-watch.  (Changing the sheets, and how often, is something worked out between the two of them.)

[EDIT:  Officers (both Commissioned and Petty) don't have to share, of course.]

Message 37 of 73 (4,485 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Great post!
Message 38 of 73 (4,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

One of the things that I tried to ask for is if the CAMPAIGN/STORY can be multiplayer, and not this horde cr.ap where they pit you against endless waves of npc's. That was done in Mass Effect 3, I want the upgraded version, where I can compete with my friends over those dialogue options. I could swear that I made a post suggesting it before the game even came out, but now I can't find it. Oh-well I'm posting it here, and hopefully this post will stay so that I can reference it later. 

Message 39 of 73 (3,846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
[.]
Message 40 of 73 (3,712 Views)