Re: Hey Writers/Devs, Look Here!

by fudgietroll

Original Post

★ Pro

Added more thread links. Check them out and feed them your ideas!

Message 11 of 73 (4,373 Views)

★ Pro

I added some more threads and a new section for threads which are large assorted collections of suggestions

@EA_Barry, @Straatford87, @EA_Dave, @EA_Archi 

Could one of you guys relabel this thread "Hey Writers/Devs, Look Here! - Ideas and Suggestions"

Message 12 of 73 (4,354 Views)

EA DICE Team

@fudgietroll

I renamed the thread to "Collected Ideas & Suggestions". We don't specifically call out devs on our forum, but we'll make sure that they are aware of the thread Standard smile

Message 13 of 73 (4,342 Views)

★ Pro

@Straatford87

Thanks, I appreciate it, and I'll continue to link in any good threads I find

Message 14 of 73 (4,341 Views)

EA DICE Team

@fudgietroll

Great!

It's been stickied in the meantime.

Message 15 of 73 (4,335 Views)

Re: Andromeda - Collected Ideas & Suggestions

Hero

The problem with story suggestions is that BioWare isn't allowed to use any of them because it would be plagiarism. I was on a screenwriting forum once and they had a disclaimer saying that any suggested idea was one they couldn't use.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 73 (4,331 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Fred_vdp

That's good to know Standard smile

But I guess it's still great for the community to share thoughts & suggestions regarding the story.

Cheers,

Message 17 of 73 (4,325 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

that is massively stupid but murican law what do you expect. that said could they just add a disclaimer or passage in the user agreement that all suggestions made on the origin platform are free for use by bioware. or they could just use it and say they had the idea first pinky swear. because what would happen if someone were to post a suggestion similar to what they are actually planning.

Message 18 of 73 (4,318 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It's Not stupid law. Standard smile

Is as it should be everywhere in the world. It is unfair to make millions of cash off of someone else's ideas and concepts.

What they refer to, is for in-game features and mechanics. Story and plots are a completely different soup.

Writers, composers, inventors, paint artists, graphic designers, etc, register their work (by date) with trademark and copyright agencies to avoid law entanglement.

If someone else has a similar concept and they can prove they had it first, they will reach out for terms or changes. :eahigh_file:

Message 19 of 73 (4,309 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Fred_vdp

You're 100% correct.

Motion picture industry is the same. Story-writing forums allow you to post ideas, plots. They have an exception though, in case they like your plot/ idea they will pay you up to $5.000 for it,  but they will claim ownership over it, and you will have no residuals.

Otherwise all this stuff is kept secret. Even actors going for movie auditions don't read the actual movie script they're about to be in. LOL  They read completely different story. :eahigh_file:

Message 20 of 73 (4,307 Views)