They updated the progress on the roadmap.  Here are the delays:

• Mastery System

• Guilds

• Legendary Missions – Phase II

• Weekly Stronghold Challenge

• Leaderboards

• Some Freeplay Events

• Cataclysm

So after 3 months the single piece of content we will have gotten, the most substantial bit of update, the new stronghold.

Message 1 of 17 (491 Views)
Highlighted

Re: And of Course Everything has Been Delayed

★ Guide

Well now, that's not going to sit well with someone who posted something about "legal footing" for partial or full refund

Message 2 of 17 (487 Views)
Highlighted

@NoInstall wrote:

Well now, that's not going to sit well with someone who posted something about "legal footing" for partial or full refund

Perhaps, though the roadmap was always 'subject to change'.

Hope those items are good when they are released.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 3 of 17 (475 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

All thing considered, while I'm am also frustrated with this, I am not the least bit surprised, simply because BioWare/EA has not been able to deliver on anything with anthem since the moment it launched. I mean every step of the way since the beginning has had some long list of issues, whether they were new, unfixed, or fixed and rebugging. Nothing has gone as planned with this game. And reality any game that EA has had their slimy dirty fingers on has been this way for like the past 10-15 years at least. Why would the change now.

Message 4 of 17 (462 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

oh yeah I'm well aware of that

just taking a dig Large smile

Message 5 of 17 (440 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Everything is delayed, likely because absolutely nothing beyond what we have in game now actually exists, and is just a vague concept, I mean look, we have yet to see the new interceptor armor, because it isnt made yet

Message 6 of 17 (395 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

Damn those devs. They should be adding new content, while also fixing all the bugs, while also playing their own game, reading the forums, responding to each thread in person, and implementing all the suggestions on how to fundamentally redesign the game from scratch.

Seriously though, the game clearly has some fundamental kinks to work out under the hood. They need to fix the Pilot Data Error issue, do something about the Vault cap issue, and implement whatever mechanics they’re working on for the improved loot drops/endgame progression (and figure out what they want the endgame progression to look like in the first place). Even if it takes them another six months, that needs to happen before they try to bring back the players with some sort of a major content expansion. There really won’t be much rejoicing if they release the Cataclysm but don’t resolve the fundamental gripes everyone has with the basic game mechanics.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 7 of 17 (351 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@pickyghostwell there has actually been a recent find out on by dataminers that has come from either promo content or game files, as it is actual game render. However it has come with other sets of armor from likely the same sources. Counting those found today as well as all others currently out there is...

6 Interceptor sets

7 Colossus sets

7 Ranger sets

8 Storm sets

What's funny is that when the interceptor got the short end of the stick, it has only been the interceptor mains who have gotten irritated with this, as well as few sympathizers. But once the info becomes wide spread that the colossus and the ranger (the face of anthem) is getting it to compare to the storm, I'll be willing to bet that a good chunk of the community will get irritated as well. It's like no one gives a care that someone is getting treated wrongly unless they are. Then is a big deal, because it's not ok for them to be treated badly.

Message 8 of 17 (335 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I don't see how anyone can be surprised. Isn't this what you wanted? For ea to cut all funding and have the game shutdown? It was inevitable with all the negative publicity you're all giving. I highly doubt anyone spreading all these negativity actually expected for things to get better. It has never worked that way, especially for an EA published game. Literally everyone knows what happened to Andromeda.

Message 9 of 17 (322 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

I missed the part where EA has cut all funding and is shutting down the game. Last I heard, they were pretty clearly saying they are going to keep working on it. Which was earlier today, if I recall correctly. I do agree that I’m not really sure what all the toxicity is supposed to accomplish though.

I swear, this is why I gave up the idea of becoming a game developer. It’s like having a train full of drunk backseat drivers who don’t have half a clue what’s going on, but insist it’s you that’s incompetent because your train can’t make it from London to New York in five hours while taking a detour to pick up someone’s kid. I really feel bad for anyone who actually has to read these forums as part of their job.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 10 of 17 (307 Views)
Twitter Stream