Re: An updated thread on everything cross-play, Steam and Nintendo Switch

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

An updated thread on everything cross-play, Steam and Nintendo Switch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

This thread will continuously be updated whenever we get more news on cross-play and Apex Legends on Switch and Steam. My estimate is that all these features will be available at Season 7's launch as Season 7 will take place in the fall of 2020. 

We currently have no extra information on Apex Legends for Nintendo Switch.

Cross-play

- At EA Play Live 2020, Chad Grenier, Game Director at Respawn Entertainment announced that cross-play will be a feature in Apex Legends this fall/autumn

- There will obviously be a unique in game friending mechanic and this was confirmed by Chad Grenier in an interview

- Cross-play will be optional however we have no further information about how this will work

- While you will be able to cross-play with people on platforms other than yours, cross progression will not be supported

Steam

- At EA Play Live 2020, Chad Grenier also announced Apex Legends will be available for PC download on Steam as well as Origin this fall/autumn

- You will be able to keep your progress if you switch from Origin to Steam, (as long as you sign in to the same EA Account) but there will be no other form of progress saving

- In a devstream, it was revealed that players who download the game on Steam will get exclusive gun charms

- You can add Apex Legends to your Steam wishlist here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172470/Apex_Legends/

Nintendo Switch

- At EA Play Live 2020, Chad Grenier also announced Apex Legends will be playable on the Nintendo Switch console this fall/autumn

Message 1 of 3 (323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So if I'm on xbox I have to play against a PC player? 

If that's the case the only player base will be PC players.

Message 2 of 3 (280 Views)

★★★ Pro

@tjbubba1 

No, the ability to cross-play with people on other platforms will be optional although there is no specification as to how this will be planned. Thanks for reminding me to add that as well.

Message 3 of 3 (262 Views)