Re: An open letter to Electronic Arts

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

An open letter to Electronic Arts

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA Team!

I have been using the Origin store since 2013, and have several games on my account.
A few days ago, I saw that Origin had started a sale.
My youngest son wanted to play Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville.
But, I had to refuse him, since I could not buy the game for technical reasons.
Probably because I live in Ukraine and have to use the Russian store of Origin.
The technical support of the Russian store said that they are aware of the problem and are working on solving it.
They advised to write to the forum. This is ridiculous! Standard smile
You come to the store and want to buy cheese. You give the seller money, but he doesn't sell you anything, it turns out he has no hands.
Who put the armless salesman behind the counter?
I turned on the VPN and went to the Dutch store. There was also a sale.
- Please, no problem, - the Dutch salesman told me.

- Enter your card number.
I didn't buy from him. I was not sure if the game would work in my region (Ukraine).
Yes, it's a program. Errors can occur when downloading the game or during the game, but not when buying it! Carl! Not upon purchase! Standard smile
It seems to me that this was done on purpose.
EA's pricing policy is also surprising. The Steam store (where EA has already placed its $ 60 game products) makes a reduced price for our region,
so that people could buy something. Wow, cool! We have an average salary in the country of $ 450. What is $ 60? Standard smile
And further. I bought two sets of Battlefield 1. For myself and my eldest son. But we could not play together, because we live in the same house,
are connected to the same provider and have one external IP for two. The game does not understand that we are two different people, and does not connect us to the server.
The game cannot distinguish the MAC address of the motherboard? In the 21st century? Are you out of your mind? Why don't Blizzard or Valve have such problems?
Only EA and their "friend" UBISOFT can have problems! Very sad!
I would buy two Battlefield V kits, two Battlefront II kits, maybe even Squadrons, but I won't.
Please solve these problems.
You don't have to rush, the sale is over, and I won't sell a kidney to buy these games Standard smile

With the best, regards
Olegh

P.S.I am writing here because I see no reason to contact the Russian technical support service
I apologize for possible errors in the text, as Google helped me in translation.

Message 1 of 2 (223 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @ruslan_e100, the issue with 2 systems on one network is quite common when you have multiple consoles or PC on the same network attempting to play together.

In the past a number of users have reported that the following steps worked for them:

• Turn OFF UPNP.
  • Turn off PC UPnP Service:
  • Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: “services.msc” (without the “) then press enter.
  • In the list of services, scroll down to “UPnP Device Host”, click it and press “Stop service”. Now do the same thing but with the service “SSDP Discovery”.
  • Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under “network discovery” select to turn off network discovery
  • Save your changes

As for the other issue you raise, if your region does not have its own Origin store then it will default to the closest one. I will pass your feedback in relation to this along to the team.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (211 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @ruslan_e100, the issue with 2 systems on one network is quite common when you have multiple consoles or PC on the same network attempting to play together.

In the past a number of users have reported that the following steps worked for them:

• Turn OFF UPNP.
  • Turn off PC UPnP Service:
  • Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: “services.msc” (without the “) then press enter.
  • In the list of services, scroll down to “UPnP Device Host”, click it and press “Stop service”. Now do the same thing but with the service “SSDP Discovery”.
  • Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under “network discovery” select to turn off network discovery
  • Save your changes

As for the other issue you raise, if your region does not have its own Origin store then it will default to the closest one. I will pass your feedback in relation to this along to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (212 Views)