Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: An idea to deal with rushers

by a10miletooth
Reply

Original Post

Re: An idea to deal with rushers

★★ Pro

@LeonJAnderson wrote:

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@LeonJAnderson wrote:

I have seen Blue items drop out of a lowly Skorp / Scar.

Each and every single mob has a chance of dropping a Legendary!

It takes seconds to clear each mob as you go through the dungeon.

 

I dont intend to Pug. But if i ever have too im gunna say guys a legendary just pop come check it out. Aww it despawned... why did you rush ahead man? Clear all.

 

I want to have team up with people who will clear all so we dont miss out of Legos!


I'm the same as are my friends, no "cmon guys hurry up", we were all too busy looking for stuff to kill. I get how some get bored easily and want to bypass stuff but to me it was just so much fun using my Javelin I could've stayed there forever.

 

I also used to play a MMO where any mob, trash or boss could drop rare and valuable patterns/blueprints so I tend to kill everything out of habit.


What platform are you playing on @Haruchai01 cant DM / PM you my username :-/


@LeonJAnderson  On Xbox, if you are on that platform feel free to send me a friend invite.. Sorry I disabled the DM's as you inevitably get the crazy people stalking you. I had a few at the start so decided to disable it pretty quickly.

Message 41 of 61 (130 Views)

Re: An idea to deal with rushers

★ Guide
Different people get different drops, so just because you find a Legendary doesn’t mean anybody else will. Just sayin'.

I also don't want to give the impression I'm against sticking around and killing mobs. I'll play to the group, but would prefer to support a team who wants to kill everything, rather than feel rushed by having teammates dragging me forward.
Message 42 of 61 (114 Views)

Re: An idea to deal with rushers

★★ Guide

@KatevolutionI didn't know this until the last day of Open Demo, when I picked up the key, a Scar Enforcer  in the middle by the waterfall was holding the key. I believe me moves around.  

Message 43 of 61 (107 Views)

Re: An idea to deal with rushers

★★ Guide

@IFoxxian wrote:

So I had this thought while reading through another thread on here.  Rushers are a big issue in alot of games, where after a while players will just rush by adds and force other players to teleport past encounters.  In a looter shooter where you get XP for killing adds, this is not a very good mechanic and should be removed from the game.  A way to do this is to make it so to move on to a new encounter is to have to kill all adds.  This ensures that no rushing happens and no team mates are left behind.  This would also be a way to deal with idle players, since you would not need all players to move to a next enounter, and idle players would merely miss out on XP and loot.   What do you all think?  I think this would be a good way to deal with this issue.

 

Edit:  Im liking how this discussion is going.  Alot of good talks and ideas going on here.  Thanks for all the thoughts on this topic.


You do realise to the rusher you are being just as much of a hassle by being sluggish....basicly if you enter open matchmaking you will just have to deal with it imo...if you want to force your rules upon other then run a private party.....that being said the teleporting is flipping anoying yes...they should give player a popup with the option to teleport or decline because a lot of the time the loadscreen you get from the teleport takes longer then just doing it urself...

Message 44 of 61 (84 Views)

Re: An idea to deal with rushers

★ Guide

@IFoxxian wrote:

@Abyssalwyrm wrote:

@IFoxxian wrote:

@Abyssalwyrm wrote:

"Hey, i like to kill everything that moves, and it triggers me when someone refuses to play the same way. So here my though how to force EVERYONE to play the way how lovely me likes!

...Wait, what?! They also have opinion on how to play better?! Pleeeease,only ME allowed to have opinions here!"


Uhm ok.. It was just an idea to deal with people who rush.  Your immature and very condescending and rude comment is very un-needed.   If you have a better idea, then please feel free to share it on your own post.


Your idea literately would force them to play YOUR way. Would they want it or not.

 

You want play nice and slow? Well, find a group of ppl who plays same way, and play only with them. Yeah, it would be slow for you, as you would have to wait those very few who prefer not to rush. But you at least would have that option.

Dragging down vast majority of players to your playstyle is at very least just egoistic.


Its the same with a single rusher.  They are forcing three other players to teleport ahead, just because ONE rusher is in a hurry to get the mission done.  As I said to someone else, I can go at any pace.  But I honestly think one person should not dictate how three other players play. 

 

Your also mistaking my idea, as my playstyle.  I can play and adapt to how others play.  Im mostly a solo player, so I have learned to play and adapt to play well with other people.  However I dislike the idea of being forced to teleport, and I am sure a large majority of people dislike it as well.  So the same can be said for people who rush, you like to rush then play with other rushers. 

 

But as I said, one person should never dictate how three people play.  So the idea here is to try and find a middle ground.


Alright, easy solution then. Teleportation will occur when TWO players reaches final gate.

I don't mind it at all, as it still will will be 99% of the time at least two players will much ahead. Don't see how that will help you. Strangely enough even on easy difficulty players still will rush (the only difficulty where it have sense to kill stuff for weapon schematics unlock). Players left behind usually simply because they are new and don't know the way yet.

Message 45 of 61 (76 Views)

Re: An idea to deal with rushers

★★★★★ Guide

My take here is that it comes down to design. Why in the world do level designers put in enemies you don’t need to kill? It seems like a poor method of stretching out content to me when they run out of interesting ideas.

 

i don’t like rushing, but if you are able to, it is because of questionable design.

Message 46 of 61 (70 Views)

Re: An idea to deal with rushers

★ Guide

@Banfilidh wrote:

My take here is that it comes down to design. Why in the world do level designers put in enemies you don’t need to kill? It seems like a poor method of stretching out content to me when they run out of interesting ideas.

 

i don’t like rushing, but if you are able to, it is because of questionable design.


Immersion. Or you would prefer utterly empty and dead maps of Destiny 2?

Message 47 of 61 (67 Views)
Highlighted

Re: An idea to deal with rushers

★ Apprentice

They should just make it optional instead of forcing it. People that have tethering disabled can't be matched with those that have it enabled. If the player is sitting in queue for more than a minute it should prompt the option to change matchmaking parameters.

 

problem solved.

Message 48 of 61 (59 Views)

Re: An idea to deal with rushers

★★ Guide

@Abyssalwyrm wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

My take here is that it comes down to design. Why in the world do level designers put in enemies you don’t need to kill? It seems like a poor method of stretching out content to me when they run out of interesting ideas.

 

i don’t like rushing, but if you are able to, it is because of questionable design.


Immersion. Or you would prefer utterly empty and dead maps of Destiny 2?


EXACTLY. Just like a world full of npcs doesn't mean you have to talk to every single one. If you're in a scorpion cave you should expect to see scorpions. Doesn't mean you have to kill every one.

Message 49 of 61 (53 Views)

Re: An idea to deal with rushers

★★★★ Guide

@Abyssalwyrm wrote:

@IFoxxian wrote:

@Abyssalwyrm wrote:

@IFoxxian wrote:

@Abyssalwyrm wrote:

"Hey, i like to kill everything that moves, and it triggers me when someone refuses to play the same way. So here my though how to force EVERYONE to play the way how lovely me likes!

...Wait, what?! They also have opinion on how to play better?! Pleeeease,only ME allowed to have opinions here!"


Uhm ok.. It was just an idea to deal with people who rush.  Your immature and very condescending and rude comment is very un-needed.   If you have a better idea, then please feel free to share it on your own post.


Your idea literately would force them to play YOUR way. Would they want it or not.

 

You want play nice and slow? Well, find a group of ppl who plays same way, and play only with them. Yeah, it would be slow for you, as you would have to wait those very few who prefer not to rush. But you at least would have that option.

Dragging down vast majority of players to your playstyle is at very least just egoistic.


Its the same with a single rusher.  They are forcing three other players to teleport ahead, just because ONE rusher is in a hurry to get the mission done.  As I said to someone else, I can go at any pace.  But I honestly think one person should not dictate how three other players play. 

 

Your also mistaking my idea, as my playstyle.  I can play and adapt to how others play.  Im mostly a solo player, so I have learned to play and adapt to play well with other people.  However I dislike the idea of being forced to teleport, and I am sure a large majority of people dislike it as well.  So the same can be said for people who rush, you like to rush then play with other rushers. 

 

But as I said, one person should never dictate how three people play.  So the idea here is to try and find a middle ground.


Alright, easy solution then. Teleportation will occur when TWO players reaches final gate.

I don't mind it at all, as it still will will be 99% of the time at least two players will much ahead. Don't see how that will help you. Strangely enough even on easy difficulty players still will rush (the only difficulty where it have sense to kill stuff for weapon schematics unlock). Players left behind usually simply because they are new and don't know the way yet.


You are still referring to this as if this is my personal issue.  As said, I can move at any pace, since I can adapt to others play styles.  And no.. I think Haruchai01 had the right idea.  Three people moving ahead to progress.  It makes more sense that the majority would dictate how the mission progresses. Not the minority of the group.  And yes, newer players are the ones I have in mind, I mentioned to someone else that rushing encounters usually leaves a bad impression on a new player who wants to learn and look around a bit.

Message 50 of 61 (47 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help