Re: An error on our end caused your launch to fail

by Dimelin

Original Post

An error on our end caused your launch to fail

★★ Novice

When trying to launch Battlefield V Year 2 edition I just get the message "Your game failed to launch, an error on our end caused your launch to fail". This has been happening for a week now.

I am on PC and have EA Play via Xbox game pass. I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game (twice), Uninstalling and reinstalling the EA Desktop App, clearing the cache for the EA Desktop App by using the app recovery exe. Setting both the App and game exe to run as Admin. Launching the game via the app, Launching the game via the Xbox game pass, Launching the game via the exe.

Please get this fixed Asap or suggest something I can do to fix it as I am quite confident it has to be something on your end given everything I have tried.

Message 1 of 10 (1,889 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Nex26  make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth reinstalling the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with BFV and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 10 (1,732 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, @EA_Atic  all drivers for windows are up to date, and I tried reinstalling the GPU drivers.

I also tried to do a clean boot disabling everything (except EA's service obviously as the EA launcher won't even load without it). Still got the same message.

See attached to this message for my DxDiag.

As of now though, I am still getting the same message whenever I try to launch BFV.

Kind Regards,

Nex

Message 3 of 10 (1,720 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Nex26 You can disable EA's service in the clean boot as its only related to starting the PC all systems will start up when starting the program.

What anti virus/firewall are you using and have you tried to disable it and do you have onedrive running?

/Atic
Message 4 of 10 (1,644 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic If I try to start the EA app whilst the EA service is disabled I just get an error saying "the service failed to start" and the app won't boot.

Also I am only using windows default anti virus/firewall (I have tried disabling it) which didn't help. Also I don't use OneDrive and I checked to make sure it isn't running.

If it is any help:

Star Wars Battlefront 2 

The Sims 4

Dungeon Keeper Gold

Star Wars Squadrons

All launch fine via the EA app as do 50+ other games via the Xbox Game Pass Launcher.

Message 5 of 10 (1,636 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Nex26 if you put EA services as disabled and restart the PC. Does it stop from starting the app.

/Atic
Message 6 of 10 (1,593 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Yeah, the EA Desktop app will not start at all. I have included a screen capture of the message I get. (I have waited 30+ minutes, waiting doesn't help).

Message 7 of 10 (1,584 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Any updates, or just calling it a day and it's never getting fixed?

Message 8 of 10 (1,498 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic please also inform the devs of a possibly related side effect. Weapon assignments are not unlocked. Yesterday reached final level 10 of the Krag-Jørgensen but neither "Proficiency" nor "Mastery" assignments were unlocked which usually happens when reaching level 10. Not sure what I can do now to get those assignments.

Message 9 of 10 (1,484 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I see they just gave up, good thing the error lives on huh EA good job fixing your trash clients. 80gb games..... ZERO HOURS PLAYED!!!!!!

Message 10 of 10 (1,213 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help