Re: *An Update on The Iron Crown Event*

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

What you really should do is add these skins in to the pathetic pos you call a battle pass.

Message 11 of 94 (1,108 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_BlueberryI want to start by saying, I get it, I am neutral on the matter. I am part of the majority who think this event was a huge mistake on your part as a team. I get and I believe a lot of us get, that you need the funds, but it's really not our fault you released Apex as a free to play and have not impressed the community enough.
You have made a huge mistake with this upcoming store listing. The value of these skins dropped massively with this announcement.
I really hope you do respond with an answer to the people who already spent money in the hope of getting a specific skin. You can't possibly believe it is acceptable to make players pay for a full price legendary skin after they spent money on the packs.

P.S. I think it's safe to assume you just confirmed this event and future events are in fact fund raising events at core. Yes, from a business point of view that's always the case, but this is different, this is just wrong. Should we, the player base, expect the things we ask for to always come with money making packages? Should we never expect play to earn, play to progress events? Are you going to provide a bug free game and cross platform play only when you think of an event for it? Are you not going to release anything if you don't get paid from the previous event? I am neutral, but I do have a gut feeling telling me there is a bad ending to this story, despite the fact I really like Apex and root that you make decisions to please the vast majority of the player base ( I will be completely satisfied even as part of the minority, as long as you keep most happy).

One more time, because I feel it is really important, please do not make any more funding excuses. If you need more funding state this clearly in a post and see if your community cares. I for one, would completely understand if you had a donation page or put a price on the game, but let us enjoy what the game has to offer and don't put a price on every new thing that is added to the game.

Message 12 of 94 (1,106 Views)

Let me set aside your failed event for a moment because I have another complain related to this. The pricing for apex coins for your Asian server store on SGD server is higher than the USD store. I don't live in Singapore, but I automatically connect to SG server. I live in a third world country and your pricing is stupid. It's cheaper for me to buy apex coin in US server $10 / 1000 coins, than to buy from SGD server $16 SGD /1000 coins, remember I don't live in SG, and a lot of people don't live in SGD but they have to connect to SGD, and a lot of these people are from third world countries. The price should be lower than $14 SGD.

Message 13 of 94 (1,063 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry so What about the people that do have a stockpile of Crafting Materials with nothing to spend on? Will they have a chance to use their crafting materials on this Skins?
Message 14 of 94 (1,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not to be a * to a lot of people but there is an easy solution to avoiding this issue. Just dont spend money on the game period. I'm the type of person that doesnt care about skins. Yeah I bought skins on fortnite but then realized skins mean nothing in the game actually. The only money I've spent on the game was to get the BP in season 1 which gives enough coins to get the BP for every season. Other than that to me there is no point in spending money on the game. It's not like they use that money to buy better servers or to fix game issues especially those that have been around since game launch. Maybe if EA actually did as they claim  "care about providing the best game" maybe things would be different. However, EA doesnt give two shots about players or making a good game. EA has been and always will be a money hungry company. This type of store mechanic is nothing new to them. This is the same thing they have done to every single game they've made in the past 5-10 years

Message 15 of 94 (1,023 Views)

★★★ Expert

This is pretty much a kick in the nuts to everyone who went and bought packs to get what they wanted.

Message 16 of 94 (989 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes let's make skins €18 again :')

Hard to choose now. An useless skin or a game in the PS summer sale like The Witcher 3 goty of the complete edition of Horizon Zero Dawn... 

Message 17 of 94 (948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@imVidii You mean that battle bass which gives you enough coin to buy the next one?

Message 18 of 94 (916 Views)

★ Pro

Yeah i honestly dont feel bad for the people who shell out real cash for a stupid ingame item... want all this to go away...? Stop buying them, its supply/demand. They put the price and you all bought it, faults on the people that buy them period

Message 19 of 94 (890 Views)

★★ Novice

This a joke? 18$ for a what?.... A skin??? Why are you doing this. This seriously makes me want to stay away from this game. How many times will a event or battle pass come and i need to pay this price to get the items. There is not even a way to unlock a 10th of the items for free!!

Message 20 of 94 (885 Views)