Re: An Unlikely Civil Discussion about Solo Mode

by TheFirstAv3nger

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@TheFirstAv3nger wrote:

@Silz616 wrote:
The whole game is based around team synergy though.

Solos, everybody would just play lifeline surely.

Plus you'd be thinning matchmaking for the core game mode, meaning longer wait times for team and solo.

Leave it team based. There are other BRs with solo. Why make this game more like others?

All team based shooters are based on team synergy, still doesn't mean you can't have casual modes. Also I main lifeline and I wouldn't use her that much in solo, I rather learn other legends.

Her drone is stationary and the range isn't that long and takes a while to fully heal you, her passive would be useless besides the increase healing speed and her ult is a dead giveaway of her position. She really isn't that intimidating in any 1v1 firefight compared to other legends.

Also with over 25 million players and my usual wait time of around 20 seconds for a match, it wouldn't thin it as much as you think, also considering most people would still play squads.

I just cannot envisage it working to well in Apex, but I trust in Respawns vision, and if they do implement solos I'd trust their judgement on balancing that.

Even though I play solo most of the time, the team play with randoms can be epic.

In fact, thinking about it, maybe a solo mode would help the team game mode out by getting rid of the solo players who want to run lone wolf, from that said game mode.

Message 21 of 22 (80 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah that's a good point. It would filter out the lone wolf types. I just don't see it being damaging to the game at all.

I find it more damaging that if I wanna test a new legend, learn a new area, try weapons or any other number of things, I'll have to be a nuisance to my team (randoms or not) in most cases. Which isn't fair to them.

Message 22 of 22 (76 Views)