Re: Amazon Account Linking

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Amazon Account Linking

★★ Novice

"Are you sure you want to unlink Amazon account ____? Once you unlink accounts, you won't receive anymore in-game rewards through Amazon. You cannot link any other Amazon account to this EA account."

This seriously needs to be addressed and worked on. And the customer support is still extremely unhelpful. Come on, EA.

Message 1 of 5 (645 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi @WolfieBeaux,

Ok thank you. I understand why you reached out to the support team for help with this now. 

The support team were correct when they said it isn't possible to link a new Prime Gaming account to that EA account if there was one linked up there beforehand. In our EA Help article on this it shares: 

@EA_Helo wrote:

Link Prime Gaming account

You can only link your EA Account to one Prime Gaming account. After you link one to your EA Account, you won’t be able to link your EA Account to any more Prime Gaming accounts.

Unlink your Prime Gaming and EA Account

...If you’ve linked an EA Account to a different Prime Gaming account before, you won’t be able to link it to a new one.

- source: "How to link your EA Account to Prime Gaming and Twitch"

So, while you can remove the 'cluadia'' account from the EA account, you wouldn't be able to add the 'katie' account to the same EA account. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (548 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @WolfieBeaux,

You mentioned the support team?? Were you hoping to be able to link up another Amazon account after unlinking an older one through the support team?

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 5 (580 Views)

★★ Novice

I wanted to remove my current amazon account named 'claudia' and add a different one to this EA account, called 'katie'

So yes, I think. If we're on the same page. It says it's not possible but surely there must be a way.. there's no reason it shouldn't be. Apex/Origin has been the first Amazon linked game to have a problem with this that I know of.

Message 3 of 5 (559 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi @WolfieBeaux,

Ok thank you. I understand why you reached out to the support team for help with this now. 

The support team were correct when they said it isn't possible to link a new Prime Gaming account to that EA account if there was one linked up there beforehand. In our EA Help article on this it shares: 

@EA_Helo wrote:

Link Prime Gaming account

You can only link your EA Account to one Prime Gaming account. After you link one to your EA Account, you won’t be able to link your EA Account to any more Prime Gaming accounts.

Unlink your Prime Gaming and EA Account

...If you’ve linked an EA Account to a different Prime Gaming account before, you won’t be able to link it to a new one.

- source: "How to link your EA Account to Prime Gaming and Twitch"

So, while you can remove the 'cluadia'' account from the EA account, you wouldn't be able to add the 'katie' account to the same EA account. 

- EA_Lanna

Message 4 of 5 (549 Views)

★★ Novice

Why is that though? Origin/EA/Apex is the only partner for Amazon that i know of that has issues with this kinda stuff. It doesn't really seem fair to subscribers and players

Message 5 of 5 (453 Views)