Am I the only one playing out of a sense of obligation?

by kapkarrot

Original Post

Re: Am I the only one playing out of a sense of obligation?

★★★★ Guide

Not alone you are *yodaface*

Im still playing this game mainly not obligatory, but as i hope this game to get better. Im still waiting for phase 3 OPS, i want new tt maps. 

But its obviously game stagnant right now. Legendary upgrates doesn't change overall game feeling, and they hidden inside those horrendous price maps. When i finally got upgrate for scientist, my feeling was like " Finally i got trough this nightmare, i dont want it anymore. ."

Also this month price map will be first i wont finish because its ask way to much, i have no time and will to grind last bulbs.  .  I feel when i wont complete one map, i loose interest to all rest maps in future. 

Im holding for this game on my last breath, but im not feel sad, its how it is. 

Message 31 of 81 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@spIash_damageYeah, sorry, I'm missing something here. I asked if you could move on to different games and if you could find a fun side-game to play with your buddies so they can keep playing BFN. You responded with "I only kept playing the series for my buddies.."

"I’ll be acquiring land in July and if the servers aren’t playable for me by then, I’ll be completely done gaming but that doesn’t make it easy to leave my buddies/never play with them again." So if the servers are playable in July then you can keep playing BFN? Then why can't you just find a fun side-game to play with some of your friends if the servers aren't playable by July? Just because you don't enjoy the game doesn't necessarily mean you have to leave every single one of your friendships behind.

Message 32 of 81 (581 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@shurikeninja  I’m confused why you’re going on and if you’re not trying to wind me up, I don’t know what else you’re up to.... seems a PM would’ve been better than your public, passive aggressive insinuations? 🤔

Here goes anyhow....

I quit playing games almost a decade ago because game mechanics I prefer rarely exists in today’s games.  To be exact, I quit playing 7-8 years ago.  If it took me 7-8 years to find another shooter I enjoyed (and even then, only found it accidentally), how would you suppose I find a new game in 6 weeks?

... not to mention, WE TRIED TO FIND A NEW GAME FOR MONTHS now and haven’t found one yet.

Let’s play devil’s advocate and say I find a game I enjoy... what’s the chances all of my PVZ friends enjoying that game, too... furthermore, what’s the chances they’ll like it more than BFN or GW’s (enough to leave those games)?

Better yet, let’s look at the logistics... PS5 is due sooner than later so what’s the chances everyone can acquire the same game in time (before I move), everyone like it enough to play it, and all of us not move onto PS5?

I don’t expect my friends to move onto another title just because my region can’t play on these servers anymore and none of us live near enough one another to visit in real life.  @dwooten77  and I have spoken about co-mingling families on vacation but we’re states apart.

To get more personal than necessary, the land we’re acquiring is over 30 acres and has never been developed for a homestead.... we will be putting in a road over a 1/4 mile long to the house alone, drilling a water well, running electricity and sewage, and building a perimeter road of almost a full mile before I can focus on extras.

I could go on and on but it’s pointless, if you still can’t grasp how futile efforts would be (finding a new game).

By all means, please PM me, if you care to stay off-topic/accuse me of making this up. 😊👍

Message 33 of 81 (557 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@spIash_damage  Omg... I think I want to come and live on your land too Large smile hahahahaha
sounds perfect to me Heart

Message 34 of 81 (515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@aikohuI see... this involves Mount Steep then. Is that really grinding? not sure about that really Large smile
well just glad you are not one of the AFK Ops people anyway Large smile

Message 35 of 81 (510 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@asabaida wrote:

@spIash_damage  Omg... I think I want to come and live on your land too Large smile hahahahaha
sounds perfect to me Heart

This is the solution!  We can all play paintball until BFN gets better and GW1/2 when it storms/too hot! 🤔

There’s enough room for the lot of us. 

Message 36 of 81 (505 Views)

★★★ Guide
@kapkarrot Same here! I just grind dailies/weeklies and go play something else. I could play for hours during GW1/2, but in BfN I just play an hour and play something else..
Message 37 of 81 (441 Views)

Champion

@kapkarrot  I do really enjoy BfN, but once the PvE regions have been completed and the prize maps are completed (and the Reward-O-Tron has been emptied), it feels very dry. I'm really hoping that the developers will add more stuff, GW2 had such a huge amount of stuff, and BfN does not have as much. But I'm really looking forward to Ops Phase 3 and the Lost and Found Event. But if the game remains as "dry" as it is right now - I may begin to stop playing the game (nearly) full time, aka stop maining this game. I have a lot of patience, but it's been towards a year towards Founders' release and despite the improvements in the game, it still feels very dry in many aspects, especially compared to GW2.

I heard something about there being an update in the next couple of days - hopefully that will have some fixes or other surprises. Fingers crossed

Message 38 of 81 (409 Views)

★★ Guide
@TheSprinter85 What is Ops phase 3 and how do so many people know about it ? 😂
Message 39 of 81 (407 Views)

Champion

@Treesanity  Obviously many people will have different definitions of what this Ops Phase 3 is and what it could bring. My definition of this is below:

Ops Phase 3 is an upcoming update that is planned to bring lots of new content to Ops. We don't know for sure what this content could be, but we could have more difficulties, more pots/bots, more areas for where the garden or graveyard could do, those sorts of stuff. This was mentioned a while ago, which is why many people are still talking about it - when will it come out, what will it bring?  - that sort of things. The reason it is called Phase 3 is because when Ops first released during Founders', that was Phase 1. Later during Founders' there was an update to Ops. That was Phase 2. But Ops still doesn't have a huge amount of content, but the developers announced a Phase 3 - which is going to add loads more Ops content. But this was announced months ago, and it has not come out, which is why everyone is still talking about.

My apologies if that does not make sense, and hopefully that answers your question! Feel free to PM me if you want to ask me something else! Standard smile

Message 40 of 81 (398 Views)