Am I the only one playing out of a sense of obligation?

by kapkarrot

Original Post

Re: Am I the only one playing out of a sense of obligation?

★★★★★ Expert
@aikohu I understand some players wanting to get the upgrades as quickly as possible but I've just always found it surprising people use AFK methods 🤷‍♀️

One of the many reasons I'm finding it hard to enjoy playing at the moment is that I no longer feel any real sense of achievement as I work my way through the prize map - the fact that it feels like a chore, rather than a series of rewards.
If I felt I had to use AFK methods, then to me, that would be an even bigger red flag that I don't enjoy the game enough to make it worth sticking with.

I'm honestly not trying to lecture you - if it works for you & you're not affecting other players then great, it's just something I personally don't understand.

As I said, each to their own 🤝
Message 21 of 81 (703 Views)

★★ Guide
@aikohu Sorry but I don't understand AFK means you're not there right? So how do you "Grind" by not being there?
Message 22 of 81 (677 Views)

★★ Guide

Yea its ambiguous if you could really call it grinding.One thing I see people forget all the time is,

that the pricemap is supposed to take 1 whole month to complete and if you do so, you will have far less "grinding" to do.

If you grind to complete the pricemap that is supposed to take 4 weeks in 1.5weeks the grind is on you and you have less right to complain about it.

I understand that some people do the pricemap mainly for the upgrade/character and I generally think there would be alot less complaints, if they would just put the gameplay affecting items in the middle of the map, so that players with 50 bulbs saved up could get it day 2 and others could get it

sometime in week 1.

Players would still play in order to play the new gameplay item, and also still to get the skin, wich does look pretty nice for the most part,

but they would feel less obligated to farm bulbs.

Message 23 of 81 (652 Views)

★★ Pro
@spIash_damage No you said it's about more than the game and the friends is what makes it matter, so why is it that you can't find a new game to play with some of your friends if gaming with your friends is so important to you?
Message 24 of 81 (630 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@shurikeninja wrote:
@spIash_damageNo you said it's about more than the game and the friends is what makes it matter, so why is it that you can't find a new game to play with some of your friends if gaming with your friends is so important to you?

Pretty dense, huh? 🤔🤦🏼‍♂️

Message 25 of 81 (619 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You certainly aren’t alone- while I’m still playing it’s more just to have something to do rather than because I really enjoy what the game has to offer.

BfN is more of a chore. While GW2 also had grind, that grind was secondary because you could rest assured that the (frustratingly stingy) Sticker Packs and other random drops would eventually award you everything the game had to offer and you could just play at your own pace.

Unfortunately the gaming landscape has changed since GW2, with publishers dumping the idea of large updates with tons of content and new things to do in favor of a drip-fed trickle intended to last for months or years and the implementation of Battle Pass style systems to force players to constantly grind for content or potentially lose out on that content.

GW2 wanted to be a fun game with fun things and fun challenges to award a sense of real accomplishment which kept people interested with large drops of content throughout the year

BfN wants to be your job, is afraid to offer any real challenge and thinks the only way to keep players interested is to spoon feed little bits of things over a super long time.

Message 26 of 81 (591 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@realitysquared Yep bfn wants to draw out its prize map content for an entire month forcing the player to be married to the system to get every item and figures that teasing the players with one upgrade or not per month is going to keep players interested rather than adding new modes and maps to actually help the game and so far oozevoir was just bad and the only reason preserve pastures is loved is because most bfn turf maps are straight up garbage.
Message 27 of 81 (569 Views)

★★ Guide

@TreesanityIm just pressing one button every 15 seconds so I can do something else.

Message 28 of 81 (563 Views)

★★★ Guide

I felt your pain a few times, I do enjoy playing the game and all but it does honestly a little boring form time to time. Waiting an entire month for a prize map, no new updates, it gets boring. Something hidden from us and all of sudden comes out looks amazing, would be a good touch to the game. Obviously with whats going on, it will take more time but I feel like they have had plenty of time. Something new...

Message 29 of 81 (480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@kapkarrotI still have fun with the different classes and loadouts, but the game usually gets too boring or too frustrating. It's hard to really play the game for a few hours at a time.
Team balancing often feels one sided, but that could be due to the huge imbalances on a lot of the characters. The core gameplay and combat also feels unfinished.
I'm just waiting for an update to come out and fix a lot of the major bugs and imbalances, as well as add more content to Ops and hopefully bring Damage Dropoff. (Because a lot of classes play really dumb without it.)
Since its been over a month without a patch, I am somewhat optimistic that the next update will be a good one. More Ops content is probably coming someday this summer, including a new class maybe. And if the PVE is fun again, at least we will have that.

This game desperately needs better balancing and Damage Dropoff.

Message 30 of 81 (448 Views)