Am I the only one not impressed by the new areas?

by hayhor

Original Post

Am I the only one not impressed by the new areas?

Champion

Before the season I was excited for the new areas but after 2 days I just kinda think they are meh and really want a map rotation. It seems like I'm not the only one too because I've noticed people are not even dropping to that area already, which is really weird for new POIs.

Oh and whoever gave the advice about just removing farm needs to get their head checked. A big random open area in the middle of the map is just dumb.

Message 1 of 28 (613 Views)

Re: Am I the only one not impressed by the new areas?

★★ Expert

@hayhor not the only one, it's pretty much just a death trap. 

"Yeah play around a needlessly vertical structure with several exposed entryways in a king of the hill type situation for mediocre loot and a rotation into the Slum Lakes area with more mediocre loot, or into the Artillery Area, located right next to one of the hottest spots on the map!"

Farm change wasn't needed either. They didn't even take it off the minimap. 

Message 2 of 28 (599 Views)

Champion
@pastaclown Yeah and the temp buildings arent anything special. Even the area outside water treatment isnt an improvement.

The only good map change is the lighting.
Message 3 of 28 (594 Views)

★★ Expert

@hayhor those sniper towers they advertised too? Only available in the new area it seems. Its slow to deploy, and extremely loud. 

Oh well, you know Respawn. If it ain't clunky and poorly implemented, it ain't theirs!

Message 4 of 28 (589 Views)

★ Apprentice
@hayhor earlier today I told my buddy "Hey let's drop the new season I want to go for my 4k there's gonna be so many people" We landed and we had the place to ourself :/
Message 5 of 28 (582 Views)

Champion

Last night I played for 3 hours. I went to the edge of the new area once, only because of the ring pushing that direction.

Message 6 of 28 (517 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This new king Kanyon map is bad like crap.

Message 7 of 28 (505 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hayhorI don't know. Sometimes I really hate it, other times I think it's not so bad I just need to learn how to loot it and where the loot is.

I think the sniping towers need to go higher than they currently do. But that might make them a bit OP. But it's not difficult to find high ground that allows you to challenge people in them. I envisioned them being like the tower at salvage... I love the tower at salvage. I refuse to leave it when it's still in ring and there are enemies in the area. 

I can't decide if I like or dislike those buildings with the zip lines in them. So far I'm not a fan but I think if I learn them a bit more it will be alright.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 28 (503 Views)

★ Expert

I like the changes tbh, a new area in addition to the map is the right thing as i think KC is too much affected by third partying. But as @hayhor said removing some buildings and leaving completely open some areas was just a dumb idea, just like Olympus.

Oh and if people stopped dropping in new POI that's just better imo because it has tons of loot all for me lol.

Message 9 of 28 (486 Views)

Hero

Ehh i love the changes. I love the map. As long as i dont got to see olympis i effin love it. =P

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 28 (484 Views)