Am I going to access my origin progress when I start using Steam version?

by CountersStrike

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Am I going to access my origin progress when I start using Steam version?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Apex Legends will arrive in Steam in this fall.

in my country EA games are cheaper in steam than origin and steam wallets are 30% cheaper when you buy cs:go skins from 3rd party sites and sell them on steam market.

Therefore I will start using steam version as soon as it comes. I will literally pay the half price for everything compared to origin version.

My question is in the title: Am I going to access my origin progress when I start using Steam version? Because I already spent so much money in this game and played hundreds of hours.

I contacted to support and he/she told me I will lose all the progress and start from zero when steam version comes. Support didn't even know apex was coming to steam and apex was an online shooter. Support told me I can access single player progress in Apex Legends :facepalm: . I don't think support had knowledge about it so I will ask here again.

I don't want to believe I will lose all progress.

I know this was answered before: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/do-i-need-a-new-account-for-playing-on-steam/m-p/924723...

But I still want to make sure before I spend hundreds of more euros. Will I access my old progress from steam version. I want to access my origin progress but I want to spend steam wallet money. that's all I want.

Message 1 of 3 (879 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Am I going to access my origin progress when I start using Steam version?

★★★★★ Expert
@CountersStrike If you go check Apex legends on steam, it says you require EA account to play the game. So no you won't lose your progress as it will use the same account. Besides, it's the same platform so there is zero chances of you losing your progress. However, it's not confirmed by the devs but I know I am right. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (825 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CountersStrike There is no answer from respawn so far so nobody knows, only crossplay has been confirmed.

It's a possibility but I'm inclined to say if it does happen it will be later than the crossplay release.

Also kind of concerning that support is being offered by people with no knowledge of the games they're offering support for. XD

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@CountersStrike If you go check Apex legends on steam, it says you require EA account to play the game. So no you won't lose your progress as it will use the same account. Besides, it's the same platform so there is zero chances of you losing your progress. However, it's not confirmed by the devs but I know I am right. Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (826 Views)