Re: Am I blind or this game doesn't even have a report option on ps4?

by Comixfan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Am I blind or this game doesn't even have a report option on ps4?

★★★ Apprentice

The only option there is when in squad section is mute and send friend request

Message 1 of 5 (770 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide
@H3llDescent They removed the option to report players on PS4 back in April 2019, as there was a communication issue between their reporting system and Sony. Basically, the report information wasn't succinct and detailed enough to bring about any realistic action or statistical reporting etc.

So, Respawn agreed to tweak their reporting process on the PS4 to be in line with the standards expected of Sony, and pulled the plug on the "Report button" until this has been done. Unfortunately, it's now 15 or so months later, and nothing has improved, and there has been no further word on it as far as I'm aware.

Cheating is a mess, abuse and exploitation is rampant, griefing is uncontrollable, etc.. Don't get me wrong, the issue (as always) is people. Society. Goons, cheaters, griefers, lowlives etc. They're the problem, but unfortunately EA have all the power to help us normal folk try and at least remotely enjoy ourselves, but they instead choose to stay quiet on the problem and not even so much as acknowledge it or provide a road-map on their progress and expectations. I don't think they realise that that's all we really need as players, to feel heard at least, and to know that we're actually valued above those destroying everyone's fun.

Tl;dr: Reporting on PS4 doesn't exist. It's a waiting game on the "if and when" it ever even comes back. Sit tight, and speak with your wallet in the meantime. Don't give them your money, and that'll eventually be the only signal I fear they'll listen to.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (719 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide
@H3llDescent And that's the problem they want u to play then

Wow what a freaking genius

Iam talking to you Jason McCord you better fix your * 🙏
Message 2 of 5 (763 Views)

★★★ Expert

No, there is no reporting system on PS4.  60% of games have a player that leaves.

Including me, now because there is no penalty and I don't want to have to put up with the garbage.

I'm happy Apex is free, I'm happy that 1 in 5 games is pretty fun (there are some that no one leaves in but is an idiot drop punchfest for challenges).  But yeah, this is why this game is freemium and plays like its freemium I guess.

I have hope, but it takes the devs so long to do anything, if they do, it makes me sad.

Message 3 of 5 (752 Views)

★★ Guide
@H3llDescent They removed the option to report players on PS4 back in April 2019, as there was a communication issue between their reporting system and Sony. Basically, the report information wasn't succinct and detailed enough to bring about any realistic action or statistical reporting etc.

So, Respawn agreed to tweak their reporting process on the PS4 to be in line with the standards expected of Sony, and pulled the plug on the "Report button" until this has been done. Unfortunately, it's now 15 or so months later, and nothing has improved, and there has been no further word on it as far as I'm aware.

Cheating is a mess, abuse and exploitation is rampant, griefing is uncontrollable, etc.. Don't get me wrong, the issue (as always) is people. Society. Goons, cheaters, griefers, lowlives etc. They're the problem, but unfortunately EA have all the power to help us normal folk try and at least remotely enjoy ourselves, but they instead choose to stay quiet on the problem and not even so much as acknowledge it or provide a road-map on their progress and expectations. I don't think they realise that that's all we really need as players, to feel heard at least, and to know that we're actually valued above those destroying everyone's fun.

Tl;dr: Reporting on PS4 doesn't exist. It's a waiting game on the "if and when" it ever even comes back. Sit tight, and speak with your wallet in the meantime. Don't give them your money, and that'll eventually be the only signal I fear they'll listen to.
Message 4 of 5 (720 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

On Xbox the report player option just goes to the default Xbox reporting system which is completely useless.

Respawn need to add their own reporting system to Apex, like Blizzard did with Overwatch (but don't have it automated like Overwatch's because that's terrible)

Message 5 of 5 (657 Views)