Am I able to link my apex legend account from my xbox to my computer?

by xNitroHazardx

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Am I able to link my apex legend account from my xbox to my computer?

★★★★★ Novice

I play on both my computer and Xbox and was wondering if I am able to use the same account for both.

Message 1 of 53 (119,175 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Am I able to link my apex legend account from my xbox to my computer?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @xNitroHazardx 

You can use the same EA account to play on your PC and Xbox (by connecting it to your Microsoft account), but I'm afraid you won't be able to share the progression between those 2 platforms Embarrassed

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 53 (119,072 Views)

All Replies

Hey @xNitroHazardx 

You can use the same EA account to play on your PC and Xbox (by connecting it to your Microsoft account), but I'm afraid you won't be able to share the progression between those 2 platforms Embarrassed

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 53 (119,073 Views)

★ Guide
will cross progression be available when crossplay comes?
Message 3 of 53 (119,049 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ThyLordAngel wrote:
will cross progression be available when crossplay comes?

If it isn’t it will be a major own goal by EA and Respawn.

Message 4 of 53 (119,045 Views)

★ Guide
yeah, i hope its a thing, i like playing on whatever console i'm on last. If they dont add cross progression when crossplay is a thing, they really should not expect a dime out of me.
Message 5 of 53 (119,031 Views)

@ThyLordAngel @Blakenstein131 

While it's possible that cross-play will appear in Apex Legends, unfortunately Respawn's Lead Producer Drew McCoy already confirmed that it would be impossible to implement cross-progression and cross-purchase into the game as well due to the way systems were set up early on.

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 53 (119,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Ataashi if crossplay is introduced without progression then EA and Respawn will have put Apex at a serious disadvantage, let me explain why.

I have 3 sons on different platforms as well as their mates on mixed platforms. Other games come out and there is a buzz at the time but guess what, they all default back to Fortnite within 6 weeks or so. Why is this? Simple their default position is always play with their mates on the game that lets them do it.

So why cross progression? Simple when they go to their mates, Nans, Uncles, cousins house they simply plug in the Switch to a TV and away they go again on Fortnite with all the goodies they had on whichever platform they were on. Also one recently switched to Xbox in the knowledge he would keep all his Fortnite inventory. Lastly for a F2P game why not have cross progression, it makes total sense and doesn’t make the consumer/parent feel they are being totally mugged off. 

Epic set the bar for all to follow and anything less will just fall short. I guarantee once the new Fortnite season pass comes out people will go back to it, same way it happened with Black Ops. Fortnite will be king of the hill until other games makers compete on an equal footing and realise C&P is the only way to go now.

Message 7 of 53 (118,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

is there a way for us to bring this up to the right people?? If theres no cross progression, theres no real reason for me to continue playing. This game is fun, but... cross progression needs to be a thing, especially if its going to compare with games that allow cross progression.

I.e ; fortnite, smite, paladins, realm royale, rocket league etc

while only fortnite is in the same genre, i feel like playing those games is worth more of my time, because my money has been already spent there, why not continue spending money where i can access my content on any device.

Message 8 of 53 (118,949 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I completely agree. There should definitely be cross-progression and it limits how much I want to play the game even though I think it's a great game. It's hard because I play mostly on my xbox but I have some friends on PC I would like to play with but I dont really want to due to my PC being a low levels account. This is for sure going to be a problem that respawn needs to address.

Message 9 of 53 (118,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with this, while I am mostly an xbox player my friends started on PC. Because one of their xbox's is starting to die they stayed on PC and now I am being forced to move to PC to play with my friends and in turn loosing all my progression and cosmetics. Because of this I feel like this game is not worth my time to play and even spend a penny on.

Message 10 of 53 (118,778 Views)