Always the same problem: you are not a pro!

by AWOL_312

Original Post

Always the same problem: you are not a pro!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Always the same problem: hotdrop - die - quit and so on all day long. 

The problem is not that i want the solo so bad, the problem is you that play like you are solo!

Fyi you can even have 1500 kills but if they are spread whitin 4000 games and 500+ hours they do not count anymore, they do not make you pro anymore. 

So yes maybe is true, i do not how to play with teammates,  but only with this type of teammates. 

You losers, curious to see you in esl! 

Message 1 of 11 (545 Views)

Re: Always the same problem: you are not a pro!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

There's not TOO much difference between hot dropping and dying in the first fight, compared to dropping somewhere quiet, looting up, then dying in the first fight. Except saving yourself 10-15 minutes of running around.

Ultimately, it comes down to fighting as a team -- hot dropping is a great way to learn how to do that.

Couple of tips - make sure you split off from the drop, so you don't land in the same building. Ideally you want to be close to your team, but with a different path to grab loot (to maximise the loot your team gets). But close enough you can cover each other if someone comes under attack.

Best is to drop on the edge of the area and work your way inwards, or drop closer in but work your way outwards (but going in same direction as a squad). Most problems come when people are split up -- when there are lots of teams that is gg. That means, you have to keep up with the first guy who pushes.

If you communicate on the mic, that you don't have any weapon, then he shouldn't push. But if you don't say anything, he might assume that you are coming. Momentum is important, and getting ahead of the other teams to loot / better position. You can't camp a building as a team with RE45s and p2020 and expect to do well.

Even though something like Skull town is very intense -- it's the same principles of team fighting that you can apply everywhere else on the map in team fights, even larger open spaces. Try to embrace it Standard smile 

And then you can always land somewhere else next game!

Message 2 of 11 (524 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Lad thanks for the useful tips but they do not work, and i believe you are aware about it. 

When you hotdrop you know you will be in the same spot with 30 other players so to split up in this kind of situation is - just to say - stoopid; you end up in a building where there are no weapons due to large amount of players loothing that spot, and if you are lucky enough to get one you will face the enemy whitin few seconds and, no need to mention, will be double-tripe fired as soon somebody will start shooting! 

Of course we did not count yet the brave comrades that run away as the fight engage. 

Hot dropping is about luck not skills, i like to rush and face fights but i need a tactic becuase i want to stay alive as long as possible, in order to get reasonable amount of xp's! 

Message 3 of 11 (512 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @AWOL_312 

Check out the Find a Squad section where you might find some teammates:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Find-a-Squad/ct-p/apex-legends-squad-en

warslag

Message 4 of 11 (506 Views)

★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

Hi @AWOL_312 

warslag

The fact that the only way to get a squad pre-made without friends who play is by using 3rd party sites like these forums or discord is an issue. No Ranked, no LFG system, No non-cumbersome way to add people through Origin. Repsawn did realize this was 2019, right?

Message 5 of 11 (474 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Kilmeran wrote:

@warslag wrote:

Hi @AWOL_312 

warslag

The fact that the only way to get a squad pre-made without friends who play is by using 3rd party sites like these forums or discord is an issue. No Ranked, no LFG system, No non-cumbersome way to add people through Origin. Repsawn did realize this was 2019, right?

I'm starting to get sick of seeing this link getting spammed around the forum.

The game offers its own matchmaking *cough* so it should be matching at least similar skill/time played players... and doing it without matchmaking players from hundreds of miles away. 

Message 6 of 11 (471 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Silz616 wrote:

@Kilmeran wrote:

@warslag wrote:

Hi @AWOL_312 

warslag

I'm starting to get sick of seeing this link getting spammed around the forum.

The game offers its own matchmaking *cough* so it should be matching at least similar skill/time played players... and doing it without matchmaking players from hundreds of miles away. 

All they seem to do is post and re-post canned-response links ad nauseam. I'm starting to think their accounts are automated, because otherwise it's the most BS game studio to community responses I've ever seen. They might as well not post at all.

And this is coming from someone that plays Activision-Blizzard games, where Overwatch Devs and Community Managers won't even comment unless it's some sort of SWJ-inclusion praise thread to them.

Message 7 of 11 (468 Views)

★★ Pro

@AWOL_312 wrote:

Lad thanks for the useful tips but they do not work, and i believe you are aware about it. 

When you hotdrop you know you will be in the same spot with 30 other players so to split up in this kind of situation is - just to say - stoopid; you end up in a building where there are no weapons due to large amount of players loothing that spot, and if you are lucky enough to get one you will face the enemy whitin few seconds and, no need to mention, will be double-tripe fired as soon somebody will start shooting! 

Of course we did not count yet the brave comrades that run away as the fight engage. 

Hot dropping is about luck not skills, i like to rush and face fights but i need a tactic becuase i want to stay alive as long as possible, in order to get reasonable amount of xp's! 

whats a nice tactice is to be the third team in a fight, then flank and pick off people shooting at each other. you can do this as a team or alone and its fun. 1 team v2 1 team is ok if you have a surprise element.

Message 8 of 11 (418 Views)

★★ Guide

@MSharpss The difference is if you hotdrop and fight it's 90% luck who finds a weapon/the better weapon first. And even if you win the fight, 5 other teams are on your * within 5 seconds. If you loot and get ready and then lose a fight, that's just on you most of the time.

Message 9 of 11 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@KilmeranYou can also make friends in game and add them in the Origin overlay by pressing Shift + F1 if you have the overlay enabled.

@Silz616If you are getting tired of seeing useful links being posted on the official answers forum then I think you may have misunderstood the purpose of these forums.

Message 10 of 11 (386 Views)