Alternative way to measure player stats, rather than measuring K/D

by Renegade_Prime86

Original Post

Alternative way to measure player stats, rather than measuring K/D

★★★★★ Guide

This is just my opinion but also would like to hear your opinion as well.

I think in this game KD is really irrelevant, you can have really bad KD but still can be a good player, there are lot of negative factors what can affect it which are out of your control, but I do also understand killing enemies is important because the whole idea of a BR is the last man standing.

But I also think it affects the motivation of players in the wrong way, last game (and it happened several times anyway) I had this pathfinder who was literally hiding in corners during gunfights waiting for me to crack the enemies shield so he can just jump out and take them down, the result of this was he had 7 kills with 600 damage and I had 2 kills with 2K damage, and obviously the game favors kills more, which again is fine but I think some type of alternative balance should be made

And I think this is also affecting the mentality of the players, I know there are constantly new players to the game, but there are a lot who play from either season 2-3 and still haven't learned anything, and this is the reason why most randoms jump hot, just to get kills and boost their KD

Second, happened several times, my teammate is low on hp, the enemy team member only focuses on that teammate chasing him not caring that I am literally spraying his butt with my gun, just chases committing anything to take that 1 low player down, and this also happens the other way around, we all need assistance from our teammates, but we won't get any because they are chasing a low player across the map, and even if they take them down, they are so far they bump into an enemy team and die, or and up and open area and die.

I know that kills are important, and killing is one of the main factors for the game, but I think measurements need a better solution

Somehow motivate the players to actually improve rather than to be mindless KD pump machines

What do you think?

Message 1 of 1 (137 Views)