Re: Already seeing a big drop in the player base

by Screion

Original Post

Already seeing a big drop in the player base

★★★★★ Apprentice

I notice a big drop in the player base on ps4 i guess cause players getting tired of  getting stomped  by the zombies 99.99% of the time. When the zombies can walk in on the point and click one button and wipe all the plants off the point then something totally wrong with the balance especially since the plant side really has no real crowd control measure or one shot options like yhe zombies do.

Message 1 of 5 (674 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I assume that you're referring to Turf Takeover specifically.

There was an update which reduced team size from 12v12 to 8v8 which landed simultaneously with a lowered TTK as well as a balance update to the stationary objective capture times and the combined effect was to turn Turf Takeover from a fun, chaotic frenzy of a battle as one of the longer game modes to one of the shortest modes which tends to heavily favor the attacking team by making it impossible for the defenders to contest any capture once the attacking team gains a foothold.

Many players, such as myself, have largely abandoned the game mode as a result hoping that the developers will properly balance the experience sometime in the near future.

Message 2 of 5 (639 Views)

★★ Guide

Ps4 Australia population was dead, Xmas came it spiked now it's close to being dead again, and new updates won't matter as they are right on time school holidays finish here in Oz. 

And yea plants are lacking that explosive dps character, oak has that one skill but he is nothing but a massive hit box to be melted since ttk has been somewhat fixed, corn needs his butter bomb back specially bigger better butter,  corn was great for clearing points in gw2, now he just shows his team mates what they already know, that the zombies are on the point lol. 

Message 3 of 5 (614 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Proud member of Team Abandon here. Party hat

The 8 vs 8 was the final nail in the coffin. I am out for a while now and don't plan to return. Playing only to grind those cosmetics is not worth it. And 1 month per character cosmetic means there is a lot more waiting. There are other games out there that are actually worth my time. Final vertict: 5/10. Slightly better than GW2 but still not there yet. Better luck next time.

Message 4 of 5 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Screion 
Sorry to hear that but its totally understandable...
enjoy your other games and hopefully we will see you back sometime when things get better...Fingers crossed if indeed any of us are still alive and havent died of old age at that point Large smile

Message 5 of 5 (550 Views)