Re: Allow to link steam accounts twice

by TrickyJumbo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Allow to link steam accounts twice

★★★★★ Newbie

I want to play apex on steam but I accidently unlinked my steam and I no longer have access to that steam account that was previously linked, I would like to link my origin account to my other steam account that has many hours on other games but I can't because of this stupid link system. I could link a new account but they remove all the progress gained if you relink an account which shouldn't be the case. I make petition to change that Wink

Message 1 of 3 (746 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
Hey @IAmJesus_o,

Typically speaking it would be best to try recovering access to the Steam account that was originally linked, as you'd be able to re-link that one if it was accidentally removed.

I'm not aware of any current plans to change that limitation otherwise, but can certainly pass along the feedback, thanks!
Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (710 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @IAmJesus_o,

Typically speaking it would be best to try recovering access to the Steam account that was originally linked, as you'd be able to re-link that one if it was accidentally removed.

I'm not aware of any current plans to change that limitation otherwise, but can certainly pass along the feedback, thanks!
Mako.png
Message 2 of 3 (711 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if I wasn't the one to link the first Steam account?

A few months back my Origin account was accessed by someone I don't know, and was used to just play a few games before I noticed it. No actual attempt was made at changing account details so I was able to change them myself and regain sole access no stress. Coming up to the 2042 beta I decide to link my Steam account to Origin to play, only to find the intruder had linked their own Steam account. I unlinked it, but was unable to link my own Steam account due to this limitation that I still cannot understand the purpose of.

Honestly if this cannot be resolved I will be refunding my preorder for 2042, in no small part due to the completely unacceptable support from EA. The support website is a complete nightmare to navigate to get where I want, and when I finally get there the live chat option outright does not work, no popup window appeared as claimed. On top of that, the ticket I opened was closed with literally 0 communication towards myself. No email was sent "within 72 hours" as claimed or at all, even a confirmation of my support request. The only reason I discovered my ticket was closed was because I went back to double check it tonight. I don't want to be dealing with forums for these issues but I don't see any other option at this point, EA clearly aren't willing to provide a bare minimum of support otherwise.

Message 3 of 3 (637 Views)