Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: All quiet on the Anthem front

by Banfilidh

Original Post

All quiet on the Anthem front

★★★★★ Apprentice

It has felt like radio silence lately. No doubt due to all the hate, toxic behavior, and the revealing Kotaku article. But why not stand in front of your game, rather than hide behind it? Anthem did not create you, you created Anthem. We (at least myself, I don't speak for everyone) want to know from you, more details about the game and how you all are going to fix the areas that are broken and or add the areas that are missing. The road map feels a little vague. And the patches that we get, are just minor fixes and QOL. We just really want to interact with you all more than we are getting now.  You baked the bread, sold it and we bought it and ate it. Some of us spit it out due to lack of flavor and others just ate it because they enjoyed it for being something to eat. For all the hate and toxic behavior. It has been a lot for sure. Can you even handle it? We want to know you can handle that because issues like the ones your game is having are far worse than our hate and toxic behavior for the future of Anthem. I want to know we put our investment in a company and game that was worth investing in. I have stopped playing for the time being. A lot of us have. All for different and similar reasons. People are still enjoying the game. I know you did not spend a supposed 6 years with 1 year or more of actual development just to bring out a game that was gonna flop. Come on we want to know! 

PS. This is for those of us that don't see a reason at the moment to continue playing. And for those who it ultimately affects, the ones still playing. 

Message 1 of 20 (643 Views)

Champion

How do you define investment?

As I understand it, buying merchandise isn't an investment.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 2 of 20 (615 Views)

★★★ Guide
How long have they been silent...a week? Almost every critic/streamer is ripping on the game for bugs with some acting like it's dead and there's no way to turn things around. Maybe the reason for Bioware's silence is because they are working on the game....just a thought.
Message 3 of 20 (613 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@RoninJed wrote:
How long have they been silent...a week? Almost every critic/streamer is ripping on the game for bugs with some acting like it's dead and there's no way to turn things around. Maybe the reason for Bioware's silence is because they are working on the game....just a thought.

u know that the people actually working on the game are not the same people that are responsible for their social media and publicity... so no, thats not the reason they are silent. sadly not Wink

Message 4 of 20 (603 Views)

The last official communication was at the time of Monday's mini-patch, so Monday.

Yes, BioWare has been silent for 3 days.

We know there is more content launching the second half of the month and there will be a livestream to show it off.

Aside from that, there's a great deal of clickbait out there which I suspect is purposefully not being engaged with, in favor or actually making the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 5 of 20 (600 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

How do you define investment?

As I understand it, buying merchandise isn't an investment.

Investing money into something, where you hope to get back something from it, in this case obviously investing money into a game wont net me back money, games aren't a security and therefore don't fall under SEC law. But more so of the act of putting money into a physical product expecting to get something out of it (be it enjoyment, fun, time of entertainment etc).  If you continue on playing the game and enjoy it you may want to invest/pay more money into their own store currency to purchase something through the store, if in the event you don't have enough coins at the time to purchase. Obviously you don't have to buy the currency as that is entirely up to your decision of whether or not spending your moment at the moment is worth more than spending your time earning the coin in the game. I bought the digital version, so my digital copy can not be transferred to another party to be sold at a loss or profit. But we basically own a share of Anthem. We all own atleast one copy of Anthem which all of us probably paid Par value (60usd). It's like we bought a bond from Bioware and the interest (being the fun and enjoyment we get back from the game, with no maturity date). At least that is how I saw this as an investment. Merchandise can most certainly be an investment. Because physical tangible items can be collected and later sold for a profit. But in the actual terms of a security investment, that is not what I meant.

Message 6 of 20 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@RoninJed wrote:

Yea, that is a thought I have as well. I figure that to be true, because of the current state, they are probably up to their necks in bug fixes, optimization, and adding content and creating new content. Obviously very busy. Just stating that overall besides a generic and to me a vague view of the future from their road map, I don't currently feel confident in the future of this game. I bought the game in hopes of getting months of play time out of it, because I anticipated from what had been pitched as the game to be, is not the game I bought at least at the moment with how I personally see it, others feel differently. I just have concerns. Obviously I hear back from people saying, "they have showed us a road map and told us they are fixing and adding things". Yea they also told us a lot of other things prior to the games release and look at where we are. Then if I don't trust what they say now why would hearing from them matter? Obviously they release the notes and statements when they can. I just feel for the current PR and current state it should be more often and more filling than just a generic statement "we're looking into it". Patch notes asides, I hope for the future of this game. I guess we will just let the content and the future speak for itself. 

Message 7 of 20 (567 Views)

Champion

@Amongtheweak 

I understand your reasoning.

Still, I'd say I invested in myself with buying Anthem, not in EA/Bioware.

And maybe that's why so many people on this forum are upset.

It's the feeling of loss when the expectations they had in this "investment" weren't met. 

They made no profit on their personal "fun-market".

For me, it was and still is a good investment in this sense since I am still enjoying the game.

Yet I can see why others don't.

The dividend obviously isn't equal for all of us.

Also, I can confirm that your dividend actually increases when you share it with your friends.

Stronger together!

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 8 of 20 (552 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@frauzet wrote:

@Amongtheweak 

I understand your reasoning.

Still, I'd say I invested in myself with buying Anthem, not in EA/Bioware.

And maybe that's why so many people on this forum are upset.

It's the feeling of loss when the expectations they had in this "investment" weren't met. 

They made no profit on their personal "fun-market".

For me, it was and still is a good investment in this sense since I am still enjoying the game.

Yet I can see why others don't.

The dividend obviously isn't equal for all of us.

Also, I can confirm that your dividend actually increases when you share it with your friends.

Stronger together!

Damn, what a great post.

Message 9 of 20 (521 Views)

★★ Guide

@RoninJed wrote:

Bioware is for sure working on this game.  However, Bioware has community managers and PR people whos job it is to talk with customers, press, and journalists about the game.  They are the ones we should, at least occasionally, hear from.  A week of silence from Community manger and PR staff is quite a long time these days, where information moves hyper fast.

Message 10 of 20 (497 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help