Re: Aiming and tracking still sucks

by bktech

Original Post

It’s so much more than that, but I do agree. There is just so much wrong with this game that I don’t even know where to begin. Aiming along with the individual hit boxes of each character is a nightmare. Damage sequencing is so completely broken that precision aiming is worthless unless it does MASSIVE damage (fully charged 80’s hero who still does a small amount of splash damage). The character delays/animations only add to the unresponsiveness of actions one is trying to perform. I constantly find myself needing to hit my actions multiple times to get them to engage. Area damage is inconsistent to say the least, it renders imp punt worthless. Area effect moves such as the Roses goatify are easily negated with the scientist teleport. It will actually hit someone and start the process of goatify and then nullify after the teleport. I can go on forever but I imagine everyone gets the point. This game wasn’t ready for release and was rushed with the intention of fixing it after release. 

Message 11 of 29 (1,069 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Remove auto-aim. This isnt a thing to have in PvP.

For A.I., if you really need that crutch; I don't care. I still feel you're crippling yourself from getting better & forcing yourself to improve & adjust sensitivity, but whatever.

Message 12 of 29 (1,054 Views)

★ Apprentice
@chippee I have no idea what you are talking about. My in-game aimbot is so annoying. I just have to point in a direction with 3 zombies and watch my screen blow up. Just turn aim assist a bit higher and you will be good. Just not to max. That causes problems.
Message 13 of 29 (1,044 Views)

@bktech passive aggressive much? 🤣🤙 Nobody uses auto-aim in pvp man, they are complaining about the hit boxes and the fact that they don’t match up with characters and the discrepancies in velocity. You can literally stand next to someone with your target on them and miss, like they are too close or something. More so, when people start to run on these large maps you can spend a month looking for them. The game credits multiple hits with higher damage, so your first shot after a miss doesn’t do the same damage as your 4th or 5th shot with a character like corn, solider, sunflower, rose, imp, etc.. so when people start to run even when you get what should be a kill shot it doesn’t do enough damage to stop them. With the run option, you should at least be knocked out of running when hit at low health. I honestly feel most of the game play frustrations voiced on here stem from the addition of the running option. I like it on these large maps but it definitely needs adjusting. 🤙
Message 14 of 29 (1,027 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Totally agree with you.Aim assist really * and even turn off still have it.  Sensity too slow and like u said GW2 really better than BFN Aimming smoothly Many of my friends tried for a while and give up They’re PVZ fans but can’t accept that annoying aim.

Message 15 of 29 (994 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It's got to be improved, that's for sure. My main issue is the way the sensitivity seems to change mid-rotation when tracking someone. It's on the Trello board but it's a crucial issue. I have the assist off which sounds like it makes it a little better, but it can be irritating at times with the variable reticle speed.

Message 16 of 29 (968 Views)

★ Guide

@chippee wrote:

The amount of times ive had to chase down a near dead enemy because i cant get that last shot to connect is ridiculous.

Also it feels like a deadzone issue with it tbh as theres a delay from when you move the stick to the result on screen.

So much this! The input lag seems to be the major issue here I presume. Glad I am not alone with my feeling.

They didn't really fix anything with that patch tbh. I played a couple of matches of GW2 before the servers of BFN went live again and the whole gameplay feeling is just on another level. So smooth and responsive. Playing BFN literally a few seconds later made me realize even more how broken the controls are right now.

Sluggish aiming, input lag, still so damn hard to kill a jumping, running opponent when they take too much damage and just run away. It is just no fun. Every kill feels like a drag and a chore.

Shaun Laker acknowledged the problem on yesterday's stream but said they are still trying to pinpoint what it is exactly. We should maybe start a new thread with ideas what it could be and help them find a solution even quicker?

Message 17 of 29 (947 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm "glad" I'm not the only one having trouble hitting enemies. To be biggest offender is the Sprint mechanic. 

Message 18 of 29 (935 Views)

★★ Novice

the problem is that every weapon is a projectile. that´s why its more difficult to aim. there is no such thing as hit scan in the pvz bfn.

Message 19 of 29 (903 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@xinadworld wrote:

the problem is that every weapon is a projectile. that´s why its more difficult to aim. there is no such thing as hit scan in the pvz bfn.

Truth...

However, the lag issues aren’t conducive to hit scan. 😂

Message 20 of 29 (890 Views)