Re: Aiming and tracking still sucks

by GammaX6

Original Post

Aiming and tracking still sucks

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The aiming is still annoying in this game and its very difficult the track targets. I honestly feel that if the aiming felt like gw2 then the sprinting away issue wouldn't be so much of a problem.

The level needed to lead your shots is ridiculous in a game like this and my neice for instance cannot play this game compared to gw2, it just feels like this game is not for all ages anymore in terms of feel and gameplay.

Dont get me wrong ive started to get used to my current sensitivity settings with removing aim acceleration. But the wide marging leading your shots that needs to be reduced further.

The amount of times ive had to chase down a near dead enemy because i cant get that last shot to connect is ridiculous.

Its feels like a deadzone issue with it, as theres a delay from when you move the stick to the actual movement on the screen.

Message 1 of 29 (1,342 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It is really disappointing that they couldn't get the most important thing in any video game right. "Controls"

What is more disappointing is that they haven't reacted fast to the issue in the first week and released a hotfix (at least to Sensitivity Settings).

All of that results in poor "statistical tracking" of how players perform which would most likely hinder their decisions of tune-balancing heroes.

The biggest problem is that GW1 and GW2, which is made by the same studio, had better controls... *face palm*

Nightcap might've been acceptable if the controls were ok. Since she has only 75 HP and players could've taken her down easily. Playing her would've required more skill. But I assume that because the controls are broken, and the zombies require "more aiming" in general, most players can't take her down and she has the advantage most of the time due to her size and agility.

Message 2 of 29 (1,322 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Totally agree with you, the sensitivity is a big issue in this game compared to gw1 and 2. I didnt realise by how much untill i went back to gw2 and could land my shots no problem. I find myself still fiddling with the controls after all these weeks and with your shots not lining up to your crosshairs against any moving target its very hard to deal with a small character such as nightcap.

Bad sensitivity settings and the wide gap between crosshairs and bullets landing making it a very frustrating game to play. I just dont understand why they didnt keep the aiming the same. This game in all is still fun for me but its completely different from past gw games and the game hasn't got the same fun factor the series once had.

Message 3 of 29 (1,296 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sure but wo got very nice skins though..

mouahahahahahaha stupid modern devs, more interested in cosmetics than gameplay...

ridiculous...

Message 4 of 29 (1,280 Views)

★★ Guide

I mean forget all that... i can't play the game in PvP without lagging so hard on PC that it's unplayable. I'm starting to feel bad about this. I was feeling GREAT with the PvE, but now that i can see how broken the PvP is... which is the main driving force for people. WOW. I can't believe it's this broken so close to release. This feels very early access in terms of performance and controls. 

Message 5 of 29 (1,264 Views)

★★ Guide

@EQOAnostalgia wrote:

I mean forget all that... i can't play the game in PvP without lagging so hard on PC that it's unplayable. I'm starting to feel bad about this. I was feeling GREAT with the PvE, but now that i can see how broken the PvP is... which is the main driving force for people. WOW. I can't believe it's this broken so close to release. This feels very early access in terms of performance and controls. 

It does feel very early access and should not have been made available to consumers in this state in my opinion. This game has left a very sour taste in my mouth and is quite honestly one of my most regretted purchases in recent memory.

I'm sure given enough time that all the games current issues will be fixed, but that doesn't make up for it.

I feel this game needed at the very least an additional 6 months development time, probably closer to 12 months. It has a very distinct "get it out the door, fix it later" vibe to it.

Message 6 of 29 (1,251 Views)

★ Guide

Same exact thing here. I found myself running after super low health opponents literally chasing them for long periods of time and just couldn't land the shots, some of it may have been a skill related issue but it was happening so much. That being said I don't know if this is the intended style of play the devs are going for or not.

Message 7 of 29 (1,241 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Also the ttk with most characters is to high and with the shoddy aiming is so frustrating to land the kills. I would of loved to know the whole conversation behind this game and why they chose to release it the way it is compared to previous titles. Also i find this game less complete with less characters you can level up and master. I wish they would add some sort of sub class for each character to add ability/weapon variety.

I dont know it just feels more of a shell of a game tbh.

Message 8 of 29 (1,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

https://trello.com/b/x7uUvrqG/pvzbfn-tracker

This is still an ongoing fix/is in Tuning and wasn’t fixed in the last patch.

See the sticky for Trello explanation and perhaps check that before reporting an issue?

EDIT: F1CBE8EF-43A4-420E-B6E2-10DA115C5851.png

Message 9 of 29 (1,227 Views)

★ Guide

I don't know, I still think it's a legitimate topic to discuss since they did implement a phase 1 in the patch. 

October 1 Patch copy.png

Message 10 of 29 (1,206 Views)